• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got a pic of +1" springs on a early b-body?

icetech

Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Emailed ESPO to order new springs this morning but not sure if i want stock or 1" lift, i do like a little but of a stance but my old springs were 60 years old and not sure how much they had sagged, was hoping someone might have a pic or 2 of their car with 1" springs, i just don't want to end up with SS spring look (which was awesome in my challenger, but not for this slug) :) thanks guys.

P.S. emailed ESPO and got a reply back with price and such in 5 minutes... i love a place that communicates quickly :)

Here is the email reply... And the price is actually not bad at all, i have been doing research and a lot of people say this is the place to get springs from.

With a 1" lift the 5-leaf standard springs are $280/pair and the 6-leaf heavy duty springs are $300/pair. They are a matched pair and come with the front bushings pressed in. The shackle bushings are $16 for set of 8 (shackles themselves are on backorder with no ETA) , the ubolts $20/set of 4 and eye bolts are $8/pair.

It's currently about 4 weeks to ship, possibly a little sooner. If you want a shipping quote let me know which springs and hardware you're interested in and your zip code. I can give you shipping, a total and a secure link for payment in case you decide to order.

The ESPO springs that came on my Satellite worked great. Built as a cruiser, not a drag car. For the strip the pass side spring needed 1 more leaf, maybe another 1/2 leaf too. Mine seemed to be standard height, sat pretty low. I bet +1 gives you just above the rim height. I'd sure buy ESPO in the future.

The ESPO springs that came on my Satellite worked great. Built as a cruiser, not a drag car. For the strip the pass side spring needed 1 more leaf, maybe another 1/2 leaf too. Mine seemed to be standard height, sat pretty low. I bet +1 gives you just above the rim height. I'd sure buy ESPO in the future.
Thanks much.. gonna order the +1's just wanted to make sure i didn't look like a hotwheels from 1975:)

Just for reference my 65 had Super Stock springs in this photo.
Second photo is the stock springs.Pretty much the same.
I think you will be fine with +1.ESPO ( Love the 62 Plymouths)
When I put SS springs in my 67 Dart it raised the rear 5''. I believe they are hit and miss.

IMG_2771.jpg

65belvedere.JPG

Just for reference my 65 had Super Stock springs in this photo.
Second photo is the stock springs.Pretty much the same.
I think you will be fine with +1.ESPO ( Love the 62 Plymouths)
When I put SS springs in my 67 Dart it raised the rear 5''. I believe they are hit and miss.

View attachment 1305933

View attachment 1305934
Ahh thanks! And yeah, that first photo looks like stock springs, my SS springs were like i was going mud bogging:)

I don’t have an early b, but I do have espo +2” springs on my GTX. Great costumer service, and the quality is good!
Thanks, just emailed to order them... i need to get on the ball bout ordering stuff or i will never get this thing going :) Planning to pull the rear end this weekend to paint it and work on the underside some more..

P.S. i should prolly find some new shocks and order a drum pulling tool also :( The money keep flowing out :)

K.. ordered, just for anyone that might find this in a search... +1" springs, non heavy duty (i wish i could afford to build a fast car.. but right now nope.. going for comfort) :) with front bushings pressed in (included) and 8 rear bushings shipped to michigan came to $361.. Which is about $80 more than manchini who is local, but they only have HD and SS springs.. and ESPO seems to have an amazing reputation for quality.. so there ya go :) thanks guys.

I did plus1 on my challenger sorry car is long gone and was happy with ESPO and will buy again from them. 1st Bought ss springs and they sit in the dirt in the backyard. I even tried to give them away on CL.

The thing about +1s, if it ends up too high, you can always put in some lowering blocks.
My 62, with 456/457 super stock springs, and a 1" rearward move.

20200729_184031.jpg

20181218_120000.jpg

20181218_115928.jpg

If you have a good local spring shop they re-arch, or de-arch your springs to your desire.

+1 Espos.
I also have the 2 hole front spring hangers, mounted in lower hole, was going to move them to upper hole but after staring at it for a few months, I like it where it is now.
Car is probably a little high in front, but still adding parts, will adjust final ride when done, but I think it will settle fine as is once done and driven.
Also, needs rocker trim back on to look right, imo.

20220626_184859.jpg

+1 Espos.
I also have the 2 hole front spring hangers, mounted in lower hole, was going to move them to upper hole but after staring at it for a few months, I like it where it is now.
Car is probably a little high in front, but still adding parts, will adjust final ride when done, but I think it will settle fine as is once done and driven.
Also, needs rocker trim back on to look right, imo.

View attachment 1306434

Ahh! a dart is what i wanted :) love that front end. and yeah, i will order some 2 hole front hangers if i need to adjust it.. i'm getting lazy on it though, second night i don't feel like going out there.. just blah..

Plus someone crossed the centerline and almost killed me today on my way to the ER of all things :) woulda been 120mph collision.. i am still shocked i swerved in time.. people suck :)

Ahh! a dart is what i wanted
Funny how we all are. I've owned several 63's 4's and 5's and all I ever wanted is a 62 Savoy......
The 62 has been elusive to me in all these years of doing this hobby. But the 63 I have now is my last(That's what I keep telling myself..)

With my '65 Coronet I moved the springs in to the frame rails and had three front mount heights, one stock, one 1" higher, and one 1" lower. Made almost no difference in ride height and very little change with my spring package for drag racing. The rear shackle length makes much more ride height difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back