• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a '64 Polara 500?

PatsPolara

Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to put a set of rear stone guards on my '64 Dodge 440 wagon. They go in the rear wheel well openings, in front of the tire. These were only available on the Polara 500 models, and even then they were an option so they're pretty scarce. Anyway since my car didn't come with them, I'm trying to figure out the exact position to mount them. Are there any 500 owners who have the stone guards who could tell me the correct position? Here's a pic, I just need to know how much space there should be where I drew the arrow.

Thanks,
Pat in San Diego

Attachments

• CIMG0156.jpg
    CIMG0156.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 528
Well I have a 500, but mine did not come with the stone guards. By the way, those stone guards look really familiar! I bet the guy that did those up did a nice job.

C'mon man!!! somebody has to have the "rare as hens teeth" stone guards on their 64-65 car.

your door may have fallen off. You may want to check that.

:iamwithstupid:

Hah, sorry I can't help with the stone guards

Isn't that coloradodave's car?

C'mon man!!! somebody has to have the "rare as hens teeth" stone guards on their 64-65 car.

This is a 64 330 sedan I'm working on, has the guards, but won't get to look until late afternoon tomorrow. Can get measurements and pics then.

Attachments

• stoneguard.jpg
    stoneguard.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 361
Cool, thanks Bull1tt. Do they look original to the car? Maybe my info was wrong if they're on a 330...

Glad to see somebody can help out.

Sorry Dave, my bad!!

There is 1 1/2" from end of wheel opening to the bottom edge of guard. Can't say for sure if they came on this car originally. Hope this helps.

I have them on my car and they have never been off. I will take a pic this afternoon.

Thanks lxmodguy, that would be a big help!

Hey Bull1tt did you get that measurement where I drew the arrows in my pic?

Yes, I measured how you did and have 1-1/2". Not 100% sure they are original to the car, as mentioned. But only two owners.

hey wedgehead could you get a pic or measurement to verify? i'm looking for something precise, down to 1/16 of an inch if possible

They end exactly at the end of the your arrow. There isn't a 1/16 of an inch between the end of the stone guard and that rolled corner of the quarter. I forgot to get pictures again.

Auto Transport Service
Back