• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have the Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers " 17747 on their car ?

Here are the DynoMax Super Turbos on my GTX at curb idle, all stock.

I love the sound of mine, but research lead me to find the mufflers where custom built by a place around Lucan Ontario.

A beautiful sound and inside the car is damn near silent!

I remember you posting another video of your GTX and it sure sounded louder than that
That’s possible. I’ve used a GoPro, an Olympic camera and my IPhone to take videos and the sound between the 3 is considerably different. It might have been this one that I think was with my Olympic camera. It way over magnifies the sound and especially higher frequencies. Sounds like it has solid lifters that need adjusting.

Last edited:
That’s possible. I’ve used a GoPro, an Olympic camera and my IPhone to take videos and the sound between the 3 is considerably different.
So...in reality. Is it similar to .. louder than or quieter than the one I just posted using my Samsung phone.

All the videos I've ckd so far these dynomax turbos have considerably more rumble than my car

I’m running the exact mufflers you listed but it’s amazing how much different mine sounds with 3” exhaust, 1 7/8 TTi headers, TF heads, complete roller xr286hr cam with 1.6 rockers idling at 900 RPM,s using a sniper X-Flo efi.

I hand them on my 70’roadrunner. .40 over 383 thumper cam. 2.5 s.s exhaust. . I hate them!!!!! Soo quiet and restrained. Restricting on open throttle! All cause the “turbo” design in the muffler. I swapped out to flow master flow fx! New design! Staring thru not a “turbo” also run on my hemi ram. Sounds awesome and not annoying. More power for sure ! At full throttle can be best

I hand them on my 70’roadrunner. .40 over 383 thumper cam. 2.5 s.s exhaust. . I hate them!!!!! Soo quiet and restrained. Restricting on open throttle! All cause the “turbo” design in the muffler. I swapped out to flow master flow fx! New design! Staring thru not a “turbo” also run on my hemi ram. Sounds awesome and not annoying. More power for sure ! At full throttle can be best
I know the turbos definitely restrict power but mine is definitely not that quiet. Do you have a video of yours with the FX mufflers.

I'd love to hear this Magnaflow test truck in person. Great idea!

1708185901712.png

Thanks all,
I have a pair of the 17747s in my Wifes Amazon cart for her next order,,,which will probably be next week.

Im looking for feedback. Ive listened to some cars with them and so far so good. That said, none of the ones Ive found were hemi cars or even big block mopar cars . Mostly small block A bodies and some GM cars.

My car has old Year one repop hemi mufflers from 20 plus years ago,,,. and quite simply,,,are too quite. And Im looking to upgrade without getting obnoxious.
I just put 17743 Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers on my 66 Belvedere I wagon with a .60 over 383 with a Keisler Tremec TKO-600. Just doing a walk around to hear what they sound like at idle, I'm satisfied so far. I don't think they're too loud, and to my ears they have a nice sound.
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler 17743.jpg
IMG_20230331_130657516.jpgIMG_20230331_130427581 clean.jpg

Have you considered the Black Widow mufflers?

Thanks all,
I have a pair of the 17747s in my Wifes Amazon cart for her next order,,,which will probably be next week.
I hate changing mufflers out and trying to disconnect them from pipes I’m trying to salvage. I have a clamp type separator but it’s kind of marginal on tightly clamped joints. If you come up with any good techniques please post them. I’ve heard the inductive heat tools like this one work well with the coils you can wrap around the pipe joint. But a bit pricey unless you deal with a lot of rusty and seized items.

1000W Magnetic Induction Heater Kit Tool for Automotive Flameless Heat+8 Coils | eBay

I'm running the Dynamax Super Turbos with a TTI 2.5" H-Pipe system on a 383 Magnum HP with a slightly larger than stock cam. Sound inside the car is noticeable, but not annoying and zero drone regardless of RPM. Standing behind the car at idle or rolling at idle speeds, you get a nice lumpy burble that's been a crowd pleaser at many events. When getting into the peddle out and about in traffic, inside the car it sounds pretty tame, but I can't count how many times I've been complimented on the sound of the exhaust by people that were behind me and then stopped next to me at a traffic light.

I hate changing mufflers out and trying to disconnect them from pipes I’m trying to salvage. I have a clamp type separator but it’s kind of marginal on tightly clamped joints. If you come up with any good techniques please post them. I’ve heard the inductive heat tools like this one work well with the coils you can wrap around the pipe joint. But a bit pricey unless you deal with a lot of rusty and seized items.

1000W Magnetic Induction Heater Kit Tool for Automotive Flameless Heat+8 Coils | eBay
The cars exhaust has been together at least 20-25 years. So Im not optimistic I can get the mufflers off in a cond I can reuse them if the need arises.

My plan is take some diagonal cuts with a cutoff wheel one on each side in hopes I can spread the pipe ever so slightly,,,,,,,,,at least in my mind it worked.

But they are ordered as of this morning,,,, So sometime in the next few weeks is the plan to replace them

Auto Transport Service
Back