• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have the Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers " 17747 on their car ?

gtx6970

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Im looking for feedback. Ive listened to some cars with them and so far so good. That said, none of the ones Ive found were hemi cars or even big block mopar cars . Mostly small block A bodies and some GM cars.

My car has old Year one repop hemi mufflers from 20 plus years ago,,,. and quite simply,,,are too quite. And Im looking to upgrade without getting obnoxious.

Last edited:
Dennis H runs them on his .030" over 440 manual trans '69 Coronet RT. They sound bitchin' and everyone gives him thumbs up. Not too quiet, but not loud or raspy.
I run the Dynomax Welded Ultra Flows which are a straight through design and don't sound as throaty as the Super Turbos, but the Ultra Flows flow better and I can tell when driving my 727 backed mild 451. Dennis's car has more power than mine and is used more effectively backed by his 5-speed manual and shows no signs of lacking in the power department.

I have them on my 69 Hemi Charger. 3 inch system. 17769

Last edited:
Put these on the 340 Swinger to quiet it down from the Flowmasters that were on it. It did take some of the "dragster" sound out of it, but still not a fan...
1969dartswingermufflers 006.JPG

I’ve been thinking about new mufflers too. Accurate has several types on their site and videos. Some are repops, iirc some are performance oriented types.

Im looking for feedback. Ive listened to some cars with them and so far so good. That said, none of the ones Ive found were hemi cars or even big block mopar cars . Mostly small block A bodies and some GM cars.

My car has old Year one repop hemi mufflers from 20 plus years ago,,,. and quite simply,,,are too quite. And Im looking to upgrade without getting obnoxious.

I believe those are what came with the 2-1/2” TTI kit I put on my GTX about 20 years ago as one of 2 options they offered from memory.

At idle it would be difficult to tell much difference between it (440 GTX) and the Accurate Hemi mufflers on my 66 Hemi Satellite. The DynoMax are a little louder on the road - maybe a little drone - but still relatively quiet. They were known back 20 years ago for being high flow with low back pressure. I’m not sure you would find enough difference in sound to warrant the effort and cost. You might want to consider Magnaflow mufflers. They are typically louder by design but not at the old glass pack level.

to bad they don't repro the corvair tubro muffers in a 3" that was the hot set up in the 70s

You might want to consider Magnaflow mufflers. They are typically louder by design but not at the old glass pack level.
I second Magnaflow. I've never run them, but every car I hear them with sounds good. Smooth with a bit of aggression. I believe they are also a straight through design like my Dynomax ULtraflows.

This is my car. They are old year one repops. it will get A LITTLE louder at cruise speed. But NOTHING like the other car

So I think anything will be an upgrade as to sound

Last edited:
This was the other one I had, a 383 but this system is 2.5inch

The Accurate hemi mufflers are almost $500 with delivery.
I can get the Dynomax at $150 delivered for a very similar sound

This was the other one I had, a 383 but this system is 2.5inch

The Accurate hemi mufflers are almost $500 with delivery.
I can get the Dynomax at $150 delivered for a very similar sound

this sounds like the Dynomax Super Turbos I've heard.

I ran several sets of the 17747 mufflers for 20 years on my 440 car, auto with manifolds and 3.23. I liked them. They would drone a bit around 2000 rpm. They are definitely louder than a replacement muffler.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back