• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know of a Chrome Shop

dburkett8

Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone

So its time to consider rechroming my bumpers(for my 71 Charger, front and back bumpers) but i live in Queens Nyc and there are absolutely no chrome shops in this area. Does anyone know of a good affordable chrome shop?Price and Location?

Thanks
Dane

Here is one place in New York... Don't know to much about where you live but maybe it will help, Hard to find a place (for bumpers), in Pa, the one place that used to do it quit, not enough work i guess was why.. You can get a quote from them to. Here is the address if that helps.. Good luck.

Sandy's Bumper Mart, Inc.
120 Wall Street
Syracuse, NY 13204

http://www.sandysbumpermart.com/

I just got a set for my 71 from BumperBoys out of California. You can either buy them out right or send in your cores.

I paid 350 for each the front and back.
With a core return they run 275 each.

I just had my bumpers on my 79 Doba re-chromed by Charlie at Ogden chrome in ogden utah. Sounds far but they pay shipping and all you have to do it get them to the front door for fed-ex to pick up. Top notch job, better than what I expected and had them back in about 3 weeks total.

Chrome

Does anyone know of a good affordable chrome shop?Price and Location?

You may have a problem with the "affordable" part of your question... LOL

Two great chrome shops.......
Ogden chrome, as mentioned, does nice work.... and will pay the shipping both ways.

Tri City Plating in Elizabethton Tenn also does excellent work. They usually set up at the All chrysler Nationals at Carlisle Pa in July.

I can't recommend "Bumper Boyz" Some will say they are alright but I have seen some really poor quality come from them and avoid them.

I used a place in PA called M and P Refinishing. Used them on advise from someone on this site. They did a great job at very resonable prices. Had my wingvent posts and related hardware done.

I used a place in PA called M and P Refinishing. Used them on advise from someone on this site. They did a great job at very resonable prices. Had my wingvent posts and related hardware done.

How big was the job of rebuilding the wingvents. Looks like it would be a big job taking them apart and putting them back together.

I had mine done at DC Bumper in Dallas. They ship all over and not only do classics, when I was there I went to lookng around and saw the names on thier in process work of many of the biggest auto dealers in town. I also saw pallets of new 18 wheeler bumpers in thier ware house. When they did mine they did some straightening and gouge filling at no extra charge.
The Rear was a flat rate of 305.00 and they covered all of the extras at no extra charge. Bumper Boys? I ran into them at a swap meet and they tried to sell me an incorrect bumper with extra and elongated holes and said here just buy these bolts and grind them a bit here and cut them there.
No Sale :disgust: They were just tring to pass off product and could not care less if it was right.

I dropped mine off at the Carlisle Mopar Nationals to Tri-City Plating. They did a GREAT job and had them back to me in no time. I'm going back to Carlilse in July. I could drop them off for you, and save you some shipping charges? I'm in the bronx.

I dropped mine off at the Carlisle Mopar Nationals to Tri-City Plating. They did a GREAT job and had them back to me in no time. I'm going back to Carlilse in July. I could drop them off for you, and save you some shipping charges? I'm in the bronx.

That would be great TRUBEE!! If i have the funds available by that time i will definetely take you up on that offer. I truly appreciate your help. Hey by the way do you happen to be in a car club in NYC also. I am looking to join one.

That would be great TRUBEE!! If i have the funds available by that time i will definetely take you up on that offer. I truly appreciate your help. Hey by the way do you happen to be in a car club in NYC also. I am looking to join one.

Another great aspect of using tri-city is, they don't take a deposit up front. So, you just drop 'em off at carlisle, and they'll call you with an estimate once they get your parts back to their shop. It is then, that payment is arranged. That will give you some added time as well. Once finished, they'll offer you the option of picking up the finished parts at a show (free of charge) or great low cost shipping via Fedex.

As for NYC clubs, I go to a Wens night show in Westchester County, as well as the Rumblers show in Brooklyn. As it is, I barely have time for those.

Good luck, no matter which way you decide to go. Be advise NYC area platers are EXPENSIVE. Call tri-city for a quote.

I had mine done at DC Bumper in Dallas. ....... Bumper Boys? I ran into them at a swap meet and they tried to sell me an incorrect bumper with extra and elongated holes and said here just buy these bolts and grind them a bit here and cut them there.
No Sale :disgust: They were just tring to pass off product and could not care less if it was right.

Wish I would have known a local company did them! I asked some of the Mopar guys around here and nobody mentioned them? So I saw the bumper boys at the baseball field swap meet. They did try to give me a 72 bumper and told me it would bolt right on! I explained that I wanted the correct 71 bumper not a 72. So they brought me the correct bumpers to Pate. It was not a huge deal to them that I wanted the correct style. Before walking off with them, they opened the packaging so I could inspect. Looked pretty good to me. However I am no chrome expert, nor am I redoing a high dollar matching numbers car. They are much better than my originals!

must have been the same place I ran into them at. La Grave in Cowtown last fall.
I usually spend some time doing research on the computer looking for reviews and such. I got my lead right here at B bodys from someone in Okla seems that DC has places in ok city and San Antonio but they ship it all here to Dallas.
They give a lifetime warranty keep reciept. I'll be taking my front there sooner or later.

Paul's chrome. Evansville pa
Great work.
I have never seen show quality chrome cheap.

How big was the job of rebuilding the wingvents. Looks like it would be a big job taking them apart and putting them back together.

Hey Ga66 . Its really not too bad. After you have them pulled from the door, you pull the screw from the swivel , then pull the roll pin from the lower shaft. It will then lift out of the frame. You can remove the glass from the channel by heating it. I used black silicone on reassembly. You then pull out the old weatherstrip out of the frame, which can be purchased aftermarket or reuse originals. Now you must seperate the chrome front leading edge part to be chromed from the rest of assembly. I did this by grinding down the rivets visible inside of the channel with a cutt off tool. You will notice that Ma Mopar provided an extra set of pins for you to peen over on reassembly. I actually used my arbor press to peen over the pins after I protected the new chrome pieces with towels.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 261
Auto Transport Service
Back