• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know this car? A bad day in Sacramento.... Hagen Park Show???

I won't ride a motorcycle in my area any more. Not only has it gotten much busier than before, but the distracted driving from cell phones really scares me. It is likely not a heck of a lot safer to be in my old Road Runner, but at least I have some additional protection over a motorcycle.

Be careful out there! (And I hope that the occupants of the GTX were OK.)
Just had a fatality last night about a mile from where I live. Harley rider pulled out in traffic and hit real hard broadside.

Just received this picture from a friend.... Hope no one was hurt.. Looks like it was a very nice 68 GTX
View attachment 1537145
That sucks...

really bad day for sure, a car guys worst nightmare

been so long since I've been to that show or any others
I wouldn't remember unless I saw the person or car in person
to put a face with it...

Friend of mine says passenger has a broken neck and the driver got scalped real bad. Of course this is second hand info.

Friend of mine says passenger has a broken neck and the driver got scalped real bad. Of course this is second hand info.
I guess this isn't real surprising considering that the car likely did not have headrests. But is sounds like they survived, which is great.

I wish both a speedy recovery. The car is a car. Yes, it's sad it was (likely) destroyed, but it is just an object and it can be fixed or replaced.

Last edited:
Not that it'll help but I hope the person that hit them had a drivers license & insurance.... Lots of insurance..... Prayers for both of them.....

I’ve been in contact with the Capital City Mopars car club officials. They are going to look into the show car registry to find out the name of the owner so we can send some get well wishes.

9CE33055-C66E-44A2-9960-F1FC614462AC.jpeg
39A05B09-45B7-4443-A8CB-C3D4F3D91C47.jpeg

Yikes! I was at the show and remember that car. Never saw the owners. I took a picture and posted it to the Mopars in the Park thread.
Doesn't look good but I hope everyone recovers.

I won't ride a motorcycle in my area any more. Not only has it gotten much busier than before, but the distracted driving from cell phones really scares me. It is likely not a heck of a lot safer to be in my old Road Runner, but at least I have some additional protection over a motorcycle.
I rode for a short time in 1981 after returning from Alaska. Found a mutt H-D Sporty built from five f=different bikes. Not a month into ownership, I was riding. A girl in a Chevy LUV pickup ran the red and I broadsided her, knocking her little truck across the intersection in a pole, sideways. I flew through the air like a bird, and landed on my feet and butt. Cracked the hell out of my helmet. But I walked away from it. She went to the hospital for three days. No seat belt. Knocked her around in the cab a bit before it all came to a stop. This was way before cellphones and all that crap. I determined then and there I was not gonna ride anymore. It really freaked me out that I walked away from it with nothing more than scraped-up arms, a cracked helmet and a torn pocket on my jeans.

Losing several friends on bikes over the years due to drunk, distracted, and/or brain-dead motorists, cemented the "no scoots!" in my brain permanently.

Prayers for the everyone involved in that accident.

My wife and I own a 68 GTX. One thing I noticed about it was how small the area that lights up on the tail/brake lights. One day while driving I turned the left turn signal on slowed and stopped to make the turn. A guy behind me went by and yelled "you didn't use your turn signals and your brake lights are out". I got home 10 minutes later, checked and everything was working fine. I told my Mopar buddies about it and they even said the brake and turn signal lights were hard to see on the GTX. I added LED lighting boards to the housings and what a difference. My buddies say its night and day. I have the turn signals set to sequential and the brake lights pulse. I put them in without cutting the harness, they could be removed and returned to stock in about an hour. You can't tell they are there when the car is parked unless you really look. It is a worthwhile safety upgrade in my opinion.

If you compare tail/brake light surface to the older cars to a newer one, there is a big difference. Modern vehicle rear light lenses are way, way larger. I'm not saying it was an excuse for a rear end collision of that magnitude, but it could have been a contributing factor.

I bought DIGITAILS:

1968 Roadrunner | DIGI-TAILS

They don't list a 68 GTX, however, they are the same as a 68 Road Runner. I also added LED bulbs to the back up lights on all 3 cars, big difference! I may upgrade the Cuda and Super Bee to Digitails as well.

My two cents.

We got the name of the owner. He lives in Angels Camp, CA.

I tried to text the member.
It bounced back.
Another club member called and a generic outgoing message came back. No word yet.

Just the Air Cleaner Pie Pan......

Very few 68's got head rests.... This demonstrates why I added them to mine...
Good point

Now I'm thinking what it would take to add them to mine.

Last edited:
I haven't heard back from our car club guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back