• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone live around Redding CA to look at a Satellite?

Sorry I'm not even close here in Alabama, but my advice is go look yourself and make a deal outside of Ebay. I realize that 10-12 hours is a long way for some, but if it's a trip you will have to make even if someone looks for you and says it's okay. I would arrange funds, make the trip, and if its as represented in the ad, buy it, rent a trailer and take it home. If not all you lost was gas and time. This is only my opinion. By the way the pictures look to be a solid project, I'm not sure about almost 10K, for a Satellite but solid B bodies are getting harder to find.

Be very leary. That car has been around with a few different ads. It's too fishy for me personally to not think it's a scam. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd rather 'offend' someone that can't post an up-front and proper ad than lose any of my time or money to internet crookery...
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...ine-69-satellite-solid.183981/#post-911434848

Now, in the link you posted they're calling it a roadrunner? With a Satellite VIN and everything. In previous ads it was a satellite, gtx clone, etc...Their old CL and ebay ads have been deleted, so you can't see the same car with different license plates. This car keeps re-appearing in different ads with different info but the same pictures...huge red flag..run away @westie47!!

Last edited:
Be very leary. That car has been around with a few different ads. It's too fishy for me personally to not think it's a scam. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd rather 'offend' someone that can't post an up-front and proper ad than lose any of my time or money to internet crookery...
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...ine-69-satellite-solid.183981/#post-911434848

Now, in the link you posted they're calling it a roadrunner? With a Satellite VIN and everything. In previous ads it was a satellite, gtx clone, etc...Their old CL and ebay ads have been deleted, so you can't see the same car with different license plates. This car keeps re-appearing in different ads with different info but the same pictures...huge red flag..run away @westie47!!
Thanks!!! I must've missed it being posted on here in December. Yeah I found it worrisome that the price has changed 4 times this month, I did talk to the guy on the phone though and he seemed ok. Great seller rating on Ebay as well...

Good luck...I wouldn't touch it with a 10-meter cattle prod, but that's just me!

Crooks are often at their best when selling something over the phone. That’s their game and they stick to it.... There’s no shortage of them in CA. I’m way far south in CA and unable to help. Be careful.

Thanks for the insight and advice! I truly appreciate it, it's a bit daunting getting back into the hobby after so much time away. I think I'll stick with something closer to home.

Thanks for the insight and advice! I truly appreciate it, it's a bit daunting getting back into the hobby after so much time away. I think I'll stick with something closer to home.
Less stress that way...

Great seller rating on Ebay as well...

In this electronic age, that means very little. K frame got primered, quickly with the rest of the car. Then it sat near a grinder or had a bunch of metal work done to it. Looks like a big project.

Auto Transport Service
Back