• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use there Gas Grill durning the Winter Months

all lowercase just to PO Kern

grilling season rain or shine in my parts. mostly shine.

watermelon

We use a Weber Kettle charcoal or charcoal/mesquite mix BBQ
quite a lot... all year round

don't have a gas BBQ, don't like them

Well yes, I do. Winters are fairly mild here; Typically I grill (gas, charcoal or wood) once a week at least. Smoking some pig ribs as we speak. This picture is of some home made Kielbasa from last year.

2017-02-12 010.jpeg

Whats your reason for keeping the propane tank inside in the warmth? Propane doesnt freeze and if the pressure in the tank drops that much there is a problem some where.
It doesn't freeze but the cold temps definitely affect the pressure. On really cold days the gauge will read low and flame will be weak. I leave it inside and the pressure stays good until it's actually low. Been doing this for years. I guess it's kinda like putting a torch on your nitrous bottle before making a run .....

Last edited:
Just like my Road Runner, the grill gets covered in fall and resurrected in spring.

It doesn't freeze but the cold temps definitely affect the pressure. On really cold days the gauge will read low and flame will be weak. I leave it inside and the pressure stays good until it's actually low. Been doing this for years. I guess it's kinda like putting a torch on your nitrous bottle before making a run .....

Propane boils at -42F and as it vaporises it is cooling the liquid so the fuller the tank and the warmer the longer it will keep the pressure up

I use charcoal. I like it better than gas. You have to watch temp a little more in winter !

Use my Green Mountain pellet grill year round. Has WiFi so I just stick the thermometer in the meat, check the temp on my phone, and go back out when it's done. Talk about 1st world conveniences!

Auto Transport Service
Back