• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using a Borgeson MANUAL steering box?

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
I have factory manual steering. It's fine EXCEPT for parallel parking, and then it sucks. The Borgeson conversion kit is around $1,200 IIRC, and even for me (I'm not wealthy, but I do spend money on our cars) that's a good chunk of money. According to Borgeson's website for the MOPAR replacement steering box, it can be used for MANUAL steering. I haven't called or emailed Borgeson yet, but do any of you use a Borgeson MANUAL steering box?
Here's the quote from their site:
"The Borgeson conversion box can be used in both factory manual and power steering applications"
and the link to the page:
http://www.borgeson.com/xcart/home.php?cat=143
If any of you have experience with the MANUAL Borgeson box, let me know your opinions. If any of you have changed from factory manual steering to the manual OR power Borgeson steering box, your feedback is welcome too.
I'm going to replace my front suspension system with the QA1 system, and that may be a good time to do something different with the steering box.
Quick ratio is NOT appealing to me, just an upgrade in the driving experience and a smaller, lighter box would be a good thing.
Thanks!

This is a power steering box, right? I suspect that the ad meant to say is that the Borgeson unit can replace either the manual or power unit in the stock Mopar because the steering column shaft can be cut to fit the Borgeson unit. The manual steering cars had a longer steering shaft to accomodate the smaller manual steering box that is further away from the firewall.

The factory manual box is the smallest, lightest box for convential steering. The borgeson is a power box, as stated above.

the Borgeson unit can replace either the manual or power unit in the stock Mopar because the steering column
I see....
I never read it "that way".
Thanks KernDog.
The factory manual box is the smallest, lightest box for convential steering.
So compared to a Borgeson steering box, my existing MOPAR manual steering box is smaller and lighter? Hmmmm.
I'll have to take some measurements.
If that's the case, if I stay with manual steering I'll keep what I have, if I go to power steering (likely when I get my serpentine belt system) I'll go w/Borgeson as long as it's compatible with the GM power steering pump or the alternative options this company offers:
POWER STEERING: REQUIRED Hydroboost with Attached Reservoir (+$275)
GM PS Pump with Remote Reservoir
GM PS Pump with Attached Reservoir

https://www.cvfracing.com/black-dia...big-block-mopar-power-steering-all-inclusive/

Auto Transport Service
Back