• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

April 1996 tornado

mikeyfrano

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
A buddies of mine sent me a pic from 96' after a tornado picked up a walnut tree and set it on top of my parents 9648.jpg garage that my car was in. Luckily there was a mattress (for what ever reason) up in the rafters that fell down n kept the roof from ruining the new quarter I just had put on. I was in tears when I 1st seen it collapsed on my car but when I seen the windshield was ok and ran around back n the back window was ok I felt slot better
Came back the next morning with a chain saw and started cutting the tree and roof off. 3 chains later the roof was gone.

That's a sweatshirt RC....

I'm glad the car is OK, I bet you had a blast cutting that roof up to save the Hot ROD!

Actually the tornado tore up my parent house and the whole town so I had alot more cleaning to do than just the garage. I forgot I had just found my broadcast sheet under the back seat and I had put it on the dash the week b4 and it was blown away

Man, tornadoes suck. In 84 we got a small one and it picked up my canoe and put it into the door of a very straight 70 Challenger. The door was wasted but nothing else got damaged so I was very grateful for that. Cool that yours survived the ordeal!

I feel your pain. I lost several vehicles in the May 8th 2003 F-4 that hit OKC. Thankfully, my Coronet 500 was at the vo-tech, where my friend is the auto shop instructor. It was getting a disc-brake conversion and one of the kids kinked a brake line. I was supposed to bring it home THAT day, but fortunately for me, the kid jacked that line up.

The town was Ogden IL and it was 20yrs and 7 days from the last tornado that tore up the town in 76'

Auto Transport Service
Back