• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are all Magnum 500's created equal?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
Summit & Jegs sell Wheel Vintques and Coker sells Specialty Wheel. The WV is a lot cheaper with the free shipping that Summit is offering, and gets even better if I buy a set of BFG's at the same time. I've seen several bad reviews for the WV, and am kind of gun shy about going with them. Have any of you used either brand and got any feedback either way?

i wouldn't be surprised if one place makes them all. even back in the day the rims would rust up quickly on the original wheels. one thing i would do if buying any wheel from WV is test them for srtaightness before mounting a tire. WV will market a crooked wheel with no remorse.

These are made in China. Go from there.

These are made in China. Go from there.

I haven't found anything saying where the WV's are made, but on the Coker site it states that the SW's are USA made.

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldn't be surprised if one place makes them all. even back in the day the rims would rust up quickly on the original wheels. one thing i would do if buying any wheel from WV is test them for srtaightness before mounting a tire. WV will market a crooked wheel with no remorse.

Yeah, this is some of the stuff that is making me not want to buy them.

I have WV magnum 500's from summit on my '69 Sport Satellite. 15x8 up front and 15x10 in the back. I've had them for about a year and a half, a couple of little tiny rust spots when I've let them sit for a few weeks without cleaning them, but they always polish right off so far. No straightness issues or other problems with mounting the tires as far as I know, I had a pretty reputable raching/custom shop mount them for me though. They look great, and overall I'd say I'm happy with them, especially for the price.

I have the WV from Summit on my 66 for over a year. I don't drive it in any weather and they are like they were new and drive true.

20140907_193146.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back