• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are general mayhem clones cool or stupid?

My 66 Belvedere looked like hell in 1990 and it didn't go like hell either but it became consistent as could be at the drag strip where I went 7 rounds for the win on it's 5th time to the track. It was the ugliest and the slowest car out there lol but it was and still is a very straight and rust free body and all 4 tires and wheels matched and were decent. This is pretty much how it looked when I was running it except it was clean and had tape over the reverse light holes so the exhaust fumes didn't come in....and it had a bumper on the back but not the front....aka tri-5 Chevy stuff of the late 50's and 60's. Got rid of some weight too. Got it down to 2950 with the factory AC still on it and working.

IMG_20181223_131802973.jpg

So I should do a tribute of ' honk if parts fall off' for the drag week fans

:steering:

I'm not big into copies or clones of another car. I've seen one other '66 Coronet like my car. The only differences were the different under-dash cassette players and the lack of a factory tach in the other car. That was cool...and weird.

Talking about storage space, I figured long ago that I wouldn't have more cars and truck than I had under-a-roof storage space. As we tend to get cat-sized hail here, outdoor storage is really a crapshoot. Plus, in some areas, you get the tweekers stealing you blind, the homeless making a camp out of your vehicles, and the general riffraff that make life a PITA on somedays.

I am a full embrace of ratty muscle cars. Mayhem is a cool car, but copying it is not my thing. Put a good drive line in it ( you have good ideas/knowledge ) paint the engine compartment white like you want to head in the future, but leave the outside as is Dodge sticker and all. Let it accumulate more personality, stickers, old swap meet wheels, etc. and drive the hell out of it. My son is putting together a '69 Coronet, car looks terrible, but he has a lift off hood and a solid drive train, hopefully driving it to the Mopar Nats in August to win a bet against his Uncle for a steak dinner.

I am a full embrace of ratty muscle cars. Mayhem is a cool car, but copying it is not my thing. Put a good drive line in it ( you have good ideas/knowledge ) paint the engine compartment white like you want to head in the future, but leave the outside as is Dodge sticker and all. Let it accumulate more personality, stickers, old swap meet wheels, etc. and drive the hell out of it. My son is putting together a '69 Coronet, car looks terrible, but he has a lift off hood and a solid drive train, hopefully driving it to the Mopar Nats in August to win a bet against his Uncle for a steak dinner.
You may embrace mine then. Built 383, with headers, 3" exhaust. Holley 850 DP, 2 stage (125/250) NOS Plate system. Built trans with shift kit 10" 4000 stall, 4:88 gears with spool, 35 spline axles, widened steelies with 275 drag radials.

20210530_123448.jpg

20210530_123505.jpg

20210717_154514.jpg

20220908_184855.jpg

20220817_201624.jpg

You may embrace mine then. Built 383, with headers, 3" exhaust. Holley 850 DP, 2 stage (125/250) NOS Plate system. Built trans with shift kit 10" 4000 stall, 4:88 gears with spool, 35 spline axles, widened steelies with 275 drag radials.

View attachment 1472938

View attachment 1472939

View attachment 1472940

View attachment 1472941

View attachment 1472942
Oh yeah, clean her up, put some tire shine on just to mess with people and go parking lot pimping at the local show and shine, I'm in.

Auto Transport Service
Back