• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are general mayhem clones cool or stupid?

I wouldn't copy it, doesn't make any sense. Mod/get your car running as is, why make it look more thrashed than it really is? Your car has it's own identity and history, that beats the heck out of copying some elses fake/manufactured history.

it. It kills me to see Birdsong do all that work, only to have Freiburger choose to leave it windowless so all the water can get in while it inevitably sits between Roadkill shoots.
They now have a warehouse to keep the stuff in between shoots......they lost too much due to them being out in the weather. I thinking they probably spent plenty enough on new parts (and harder to get these days) that a big storage building made sense to all of them.

They now have a warehouse to keep the stuff in between shoots......they lost too much due to them being out in the weather. I thinking they probably spent plenty enough on new parts (and harder to get these days) that a big storage building made sense to all of them.
I still have cars outside that shouldn't be. It sucks not having enough storage space for them all. I am currently replacing the damaged roof on my car trailer so I can get my 73 Charger Into safe dry storage for the winter. I remember Freiburger saying that the big block blower engine in the 69 Impala got destroyed by water getting into it. I noticed that the Vanishing Paint Challenger is up on a lift in the background of the Roadworthy Rescue shows shop.

It's not what I really want, but would be about $30k cheaper hence me thinking about it
What I really want is restored back to the white, black top, red gut it was in 1992 when I bought it. With the updated safety elements inside
Man, hammer out any dings, apply some filler, spray with sealer and single stage white, though a black top and red interior in it. These cars don’t have to be concourse restored to be enjoyable. You’d probably enjoy it more with cheap oaint on it than that 30k job.

I still have cars outside that shouldn't be. It sucks not having enough storage space for them all. I am currently replacing the damaged roof on my car trailer so I can get my 73 Charger Into safe dry storage for the winter. I remember Freiburger saying that the big block blower engine in the 69 Impala got destroyed by water getting into it. I noticed that the Vanishing Paint Challenger is up on a lift in the background of the Roadworthy Rescue shows shop.
Yeah, I saw that Roadworthy show too that showed the VPC. Moder Trend TV after all. At one time I could fit 5 cars into my 28x52 shop but then I moved in a 15" engine lathe and a 10x50 milling machine and other stuff so now all I can stuff into it is 3 vehicles. If it wasn't for my pig of a diesel being in there, I could squeeze in 4. At least my beater sits under a carport behind the shop but I can tell the damp weather isn't doing it much good but after all, think I've gotten the best it had to offer a long time ago lol. The AC still works on it and it's not rusty.

Trust me, it's not really presentable as is. As the race car it is... Barely.
All subjective yes, but y'all have helped. I would never do a general Lee....so why would I do this?

Might consider getting the car wrapped instead of a expensive paint job.

Screenshot_20221104_163327.jpg

I wouldn't get out of my lawn chair to go look at it. It's a a piece of crap!

I drove my rusty, beat up 73 across country. It has lots of body issues, but we had a blast and people really liked the car anyway.

So if you don't have the budget for a nice restoration, I agree with others to get it mechanically sound and drive it! If it is ratty, who cares? How many do you see on the road anyway?

Plus, when you take pictures with great scenery, the pictures hide all the major issues!
20220525_072549.jpg

20220530_105554.jpg

Why do so many people buy new cars when they seem to all look alike?
They don't want to walk. Not sure how buying a new car is related to the topic?

I get restoration and cloning factory performance cars, but making a replica of a stripped out project car?

I guess it is a way of paying homage to those you respect?

Just saying why not build a car that others might want to make a replica of in the future?

They don't want to walk. Not sure how buying a new car is related to the topic?

I get restoration and cloning factory performance cars, but making a replica of a stripped out project car?

I guess it is a way of paying homage to those you respect?

Just saying why not build a car that others might want to make a replica of in the future?
Yup...they don't want to walk but it's not too hard to 'personalize' even a new car but a lot of people don't care if they all look like each other. Some are fine with it and in this case, the OP seems to be fine with having a vehicle that looks like the GM Charger.....that's how it's related to the topic....imo

@furious70 didn't I see that Coronet running around on Woodward Avenue back in the day?

You know, it was there - then it wasn't. Spooky.

I would not copy the General Mayhem. It is cool in its own right. I just built my own Roached Runner. Looks like hell, but also goes like hell.

Auto Transport Service
Back