• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these aftermarket rod bolts or factory?

Gunner1

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
The PO didn’t remember what bolts his builder used. All I have is this one picture when my guy checked some bearings and confirmed it was balanced. This is an older build. Maybe 8 to 10 years ago. It spins 5500 easily and is smooth as glass.
Thanks guys.
Bob.

Resized_20221111_095338.jpeg

Hard to tell, but my money is on original. The nut on the top has a shiny side which is indicative of bring previously installed, and upon re-install, flipped over. The rod less the cap is easier to see the rod bolt top with a mirror. You would be looking for "ARP" on the top of the bolt. OE bolts don't have anything on them IIRC.

What's the build?? Looks like cast crank and stock everything. They ground the snot out of the rod caps. Must be really light pistons??

What's the build?? Looks like cast crank and stock everything. They ground the snot out of the rod caps. Must be really light pistons??
76 440 out of a motorhome. Cast crank. Speed Pro 2355 030. Clevite rod and mains. Billet t chain set. Stock 452 heads all fresh. Comp 224@050 cam. Rpm with a 600 eddy carb. It was a basic rebuild with good parts. Now it’s cnc stealths, Isky 292 mega cam, full msd system headers and a 750 DP. There’s nothing stamped on the bolt heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back