• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you having trouble watching YouTube?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
I am getting THIS:

01 Jew - Copy.png

I don't want the ads. Like most people, I have ad blockers on the computer.

I get that message but I just click by it.

For some reason the ad starts and then a couple of seconds later it goes to the vid......

It did that for me for awhile too but now it seems that warning is over.

01 yew.png

$14 a month for what WAS free videos?

I have a couple of YT channels I frequent. Mostly watched on our TV. I never knew the ad block was even an option.

Correct, YT wants to sell their premium service. The ad blocker stuff just started recently...
It's easy to defeat however - just reload the video immediately and it'll play as normal.
(In my case, running Windows and the Edge browser, I just whack the F5 key on my keyboard,
which reloads the video).
I won't deactivate my ad blocker and I won't pay a premium for YT, sorry Google foo's.

That doesn't work on my computer...neither reloading nor the F5 key.

I've read you can open a video in private mode or incognito mode to bypass the ads. So far i haven't seen the adblocker warning from youtube. I don't login to youtube and i'm using firefox with Ublock Origin as the adblock plugin. There's a cat & mouse game going on between the adblock companies and youtube. Hopefully the adblockers will prevail in the war.

Nope!!! No issues for me. That's because I don't watch or use YT. So no issues. Now on other sites, I get that annoying "adblocker in use...please disable"... which I never do because most allow you to continue and not disable. Or, if that doesn't work, I just move on. Probably not worth the viewing effort in the first place...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I pay the $100 Canadian yearly subscription price for years now. That gives me no ads and all the music I want to download. I listen to allot of music especially in my cars. I can create a playlist and it plays while offline. Cheaper and better value than Spotify or other music streaming apps. I watch allot of YouTube, very little cable TV or movies.

For those seeking help with this, well....be like Yoda here:
google-fu.jpg
The internet is literally festooned with all manner of tech articles on how to work around the issue.
Beyond what I have already offered for Win10/Edge PC users above, I've proactively engaged other
methods as well as a result of a little research online and YT is now back to being totally ad-free for
me - and I'm still running my ad blocker, of course.

I don't begrudge anyone who actually wants to pay YT - that's your choice, of course.
Oh and I don't actually use Google for searches. Duckduckgo is much preferred. :thumbsup:

All is well. Return to stations. :)

I am getting THIS:

View attachment 1546234

I don't want the ads. Like most people, I have ad blockers on the computer.
Yep.
Haven't been back since.
Well correction, I stopped in at a few channels I have been sub'd to for years and years and left a comment on a video I could not watch to let them know what was going on in case they wondered why their view counts were going down.
I remember when youtube was free for everything and ads were not part of the equation. It was just a social space for people to post home videos, you didn't even have to make them public.
Now they treat the videos like they are the commercials and the ads are the content. Pesky videos, getting in the way of our precious ad time!
Screw that noise. I have better things to do.

As a kid, I recall reading a submission to Ann Landers advice column.
A woman wrote in complaining about her husband. She stated that she didn't like to watch commercials on TV and would leave the room when they came on. Her husband thought it was rude to do so, stating that sitting through the ads was how you show gratitude and appreciation for the programming. Landers sided with the woman, telling her that she is under no obligation to pay attention to the TV ads.
Imagine the "stick up his ***" mentality of the husband. What a jerkoff....

U Block Origin works better.
Use duck duck go or Firefox browser.

Google is making system changes to defeat ad blockers.

It’s only a matter of time before the internet becomes unusable if you don’t want to submit to our overlord’s programming.

Youtube is back with the blocking of views UNless you disable the ad blocker.

It did that for me for awhile too but now it seems that warning is over.

View attachment 1546243
$14 a month for what WAS free videos?
Like most of the companies these days, it's cheap and easy, till they get you all comfortable. Then the upward movement in pricing or you guessed it, the ad's start rearing their ugly head.

Auto Transport Service
Back