• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are your kids car people?

SteveSS

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
My kids have always shared the love of cars with me My daughter has a Hyundai Santa Fe as her daily but she has the 1981 BumbleBee Camaro, she's a veterinary nurse. My son owns two Pontiac Vibes for daily good mpg but we share out the '71 Challenger and '69 Charger. He recently bought an old Jeep. He has a couple of old Ram D50s one is 4WD and one is a parts truck. He's a good self-taught mechanic and works as a mechanical engineer. Car shows have always been a family affair.

No. Wear them out. Kids will just sell them.

Nope, my daughters have no interest in old rides and my brother’s sons don’t either (they have motorcycles). My daughters are thinking EV’s are the next sliced bread, until I chatted with them about the deeper story. Getting a reply “I didn’t know about that” was a hopeful sign..

I will one day get a kick out of giving it away to a deserving young man.

Well, there’s this girl of mine, her nickname is CudaGirl, so yea I would say she’s into cars. Same with the boy, although he likes them, he doesn’t help me with them. Now, if they were attached to his online gaming, they would’ve all been done by now!

5086952A-AB16-4854-B9A0-7647BC1F438C.jpeg

234ED7FB-450A-4172-A2F8-9496FE4B75D0.jpeg

I will one day get a kick out of giving it away to a deserving young man.
Hey-O - I'm 67, does this still qualify me as a possible deserving young man?

Hey-O - I'm 67, does this still qualify me as a possible deserving young man?
Yes, but I'm 66. I still have a few years left. LOL!!!

I’m 26, I’ve never really thought about having kids (really need player 2 for that) it would be cool to have a mini me to get into this.

I’m 26, I’ve never really thought about having kids (really need player 2 for that) it would be cool to have a mini me to get into this.
Your day will come and you may not even see it happening. The best is never easy to achieve and many times It's when we least expect it. It may just find you, that's how I got my wife. She found me. 43 years of ups and downs, good times and bad times and as long as you have someone to share it with, It's all good.

Mine absolutely are
I raised mine around mechanical devices
such as our old tractors or antique stuff in the house. So when they came of age to drive i made a deal with each one when it was their turn. I would get them an older car they worked for half the cost of putting it on the road I would put up the other half if they maintained passing grades.
I also explained that that age they could have girl or a car but not both because of money.
My oldest got a gen 3 camaro and is now restoring with a 383, really just needs paint at this point.
My middle still, has his 76 duster and is presently restoring it with a stroked 360
My youngest has his 69 torino still going to start restoration soon

Both of my girls are bigtime. ages 22 and 25 .
In all honesty , they are usually the ones asking me when the next show or cars and coffee is .

I have 3 cars at the moment and they are chomping at the bit to show up at a show with all 3 cars. them each driving one ea

Yes, but I'm 66. I still have a few years left. LOL!!!
Dang - it's getting more difficult for me to find anyone older than me...

Both of my boys are diehard car kids. It all started out playing with Hot Wheels and grew from there. My oldest is almost 22 and keeps bringing home stray pumped out S55 AMG Mercedes cars... like they don't already have enough power. He loves high performance cars and really enjoys sourcing parts and turning wrenches and planning for their next upgrades. He can't afford the old muscle cars yet. I am sure both my boys will have an impressive stable of cars and the best part is that they won't sell mine off after I am gone. I figured why wait so I just give them everything I bring home. I have watched many of my friends pass away and their cars and unfinished projects usually get sold or parted out. I would rather give them to someone who appreciates them before letting that happen. If you built it with your hands it's like a part of you lives on after you are gone.

The Wife and I wanted kids but it just didn't happen. I've wanted to have a kid or a protégé to pass along my skills, tools and knowledge but.....
I have a brother-in-law that seemed like a car guy. He showed a LOT of interest in getting an A body in 2006. By Valentines day 2007 I found a 72 Duster to fix up. By 2020-21 he realized that he would never finish the car, so I bought him out. The car has been in my yard the whole time.

My son got married Friday, this was his getaway vehicle. Also building a 68 Charger, sold his Cobra Factory 5 to finance the Charger. Has a built from scratch Dakota off road racer with a W2 360 in it as well. So yeah.

kayla4.jpg

kayla1.jpg

kayla2.jpg

I didn't know I wanted kids but my ex had things all planned out. I"m not much of a planner. Having kids is the best thing to ever happen in my life!!! I hope to give my cars to my kids. If they get in money trouble I hope to hell they sell the cars. If they don't need the $$$ I think they'll keep them. When I gave the Camaro to my daughter for her birthday we never really got around to switching the title. When her divorce came around last year the POS husband tried to claim half ownership of the Camaro. Too bad, so sad it was still in my name.

The current list, they have all been mentioned here one way or another.

1969 Charger SE 383 AT
1971 Charger 500 383 AT needs reassembled after painting. Stalled project.
1971 Challenger 408 4 speed.
1973 Grand Am under construction 455 AT
1981 Camaro BumbleBee 350 AT
1981 Ram D50. My uncle bought new. 5 speed. Mom just gave it to me recently. I will post pictures, so cherry!!!!
1997 Camaro SS 350 6 speed.
1970 GTO Clone drag car, 454 Chevy, AT
1991 Ford F150 low miles.
2006 Hummer H3 For sale.
1970 Dodge Coronet. 383 AT

Bryce's cars
2 Pontiac Vibes (Really Toyotas) I can't say enough good about them! Cheap, dependable, fun.
1973 Grand AM 400 AT
2004 Jeep Wrangler
1985 Ram D50 4x4
1985 Ram D50 parts truck

Last edited:
Strangest thing. Younger kid chose a Chevy corvair for his high school car. Did a lot of work on it and used it for 4years. Now had a really decent mustang. Older kid would run away if a wrench was in my hand…..then he went to work in a race car shop as a gopher. Now he builds race trucks? Still runs from the garage if I have a wrench in my hand though

Auto Transport Service
Back