• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Argh! Some idiot....

Car #4

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Last year I bought a 68 Charger that was redone. I was crawling around this thing today researching gremlins. There are three wires coming off the NSS, one brown and two black that are wrapped in electrical tape. I can follow it up the firewall to the top and viola, no brown wire! No wonder the car will start in any gear!!

CE9DF998-B0E7-4684-B054-7D9AACB46D18.jpeg 8ACC1F1E-1F58-4C49-8AEF-40A0FDE4DE67.jpeg

I know that world to well aka RIG,glad you found it.

Are you looking to restore it with a 68 style vb and single pole nss?

Not quite sure what I'm going to do here. The other two wires are for the back up lights. The car was rewired with a Quik Wire kit, not a proper wiring harness. There is no starter relay in the engine compartment unless it’s on the starter itself. Otherwise it’s under the dash. Is anyone familiar with the Quik Wire product. There’s a couple other wiring issues to sort out.

I know that world to well aka RIG,glad you found it.
With the presidential administration from 08-16. It was changed from ________ Rig, to a presidential solution. Sometimes slang expressions from the past have to be changed so as not to be racist.

With the presidential administration from 08-16. It was changed from ________ Rig, to a presidential solution. Sometimes slang expressions from the past have to be changed so as not to be racist.
There was a time such was referred to as a "Gerry Rig". Referred to the disdain for the Germans right after WW2.

If you've got a 68 with that 3 prong NSS you have a later trans. 68 had a one post NSS. It is probably grounded somewhere? Or you have the wrong switch.

My 72 had a single post NSS (which should of had a 3 prong) and I thought what the?!? Then I realized the trans was from a 68.

Is that a cam bolt washer zip tied to the neutral safety switch wiring?
Huh?

I don't normally start my car in reverse or in drive , so it's kind of a non issue for me ....

I don't normally start my car in reverse or in drive , so it's kind of a non issue for me ....
It's still a safety issue. The way I found out the NSS wasn't working was that I started the car and somehow it was in gear!

He should still be able to run it up to the starter relay if he's using a factory one...
There is no factory starter relay unless it got moved somewhere. Otherwise it would have to be inside the Quikwire box.

Auto Transport Service
Back