• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking price for '68 318?

Hilljack68

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Getting ready to yank the original 318 out of the Coronet (as soon as the weather breaks), and drop in the 340. Granted these aren't highly sought after, but any idea what I can realistically expect to get for a strong 1968 teener? It has 95K miles on it, and stills runs well. It's never been pulled or rebuilt. Thanks.

Without the trans you might be able to get 5 or 6 hundred out of it, plus about 50% of the low retail cost of any add-ons like an intake and 4 barrel.

...if people can hear it run.

If not, it's basically a core with a heresay back story and about $250 tops

Getting ready to yank the original 318 out of the Coronet (as soon as the weather breaks), and drop in the 340. Granted these aren't highly sought after, but any idea what I can realistically expect to get for a strong 1968 teener? It has 95K miles on it, and stills runs well. It's never been pulled or rebuilt. Thanks.
Honestly it's a crap shoot. I've gotten 318s FREE that are running, I've also paid for 318s and sold 318s never gotten more than 150 bucks for a running one. Usually around 75 here in Indiana.

For what it's worth, the U - pull yard charges 95 bucks for one

It's worth whatever an interested party will give you. I've never had much luck moving 318s. Even 273s are easier to sell and they are not easy...lol.

I would agree with the others. Around $100 is the market.

I'd love to have it for our one owner 68 Polara 2 dr hdtp (grandmothers car bought new)- too bad you are in Iowa

I may have a lead on an interested party here in Ohio. I'll be shooting a video today to prove it runs. Thanks for all the input.

Just sold the original 318 from my 70 Duster. It was running when I pulled it last year with 110k miles. I kept the timing cover, pulleys, harmonic balancer, and oil filter adapter. Got $125 for it, and it would have been less if the crank hadn't been drilled for a manual transmission.

Auto Transport Service
Back