• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Bodies and Road Courses - My Super Bee Setup

Most fun I ever had driving my GTX was on the road course at Willow Springs during Spring Fling. Keep tweaking it Brother, you will like the adjustable shocks.

Nice write Up! Cool car and love the wheels. I'm going with 18" just to be able to fit my Brembo brakes but I'll try and get the wheels to look like steelies but slighy larger.

Thanks for the detailed write-up, shows that Chrysler engineers know what they were doing.

BTW, have you considered subframe connectors?

Thanks for the detailed write-up, shows that Chrysler engineers know what they were doing.

BTW, have you considered subframe connectors?

I've thought a bit about stiffing up the car. I really like the USCT kits and think they are well thought out. Its just a big step welding all of that in. I've also thought about a 6 point roll bar. The roll bar would stiffen things up and allow for harnesses, which would help with restraints. I need a little help with staying on that bench seat.

I've thought a bit about stiffing up the car. I really like the USCT kits and think they are well thought out. Its just a big step welding all of that in. I've also thought about a 6 point roll bar. The roll bar would stiffen things up and allow for harnesses, which would help with restraints. I need a little help with staying on that bench seat.
Especially when you are doing "SOB" turns, aka slide over baby! Put Armorall on the passenger side only. Your car seems like a b-body version of the "Green Brick" from Mopar Action. Low buck and well thought out.

Especially when you are doing "SOB" turns, aka slide over baby! Put Armorall on the passenger side only. Your car seems like a b-body version of the "Green Brick" from Mopar Action. Low buck and well thought out.

Every session I had a passenger, including my Camaro buddy after his car broke. It is hilarious taking people for rides out there. My passengers are trying to figure out what the heck is happening and spending the whole time just trying to hang on. My kid loves it and our faces hurt from smiling so much.

I do love the low cost of this setup. Really has made it more fun. When you spend high dollars on your build, the expectations also get high. Its the easiest way to be dissapointed having high expectations, just ask my Camaro buddy. When you set the expectations low, its easy to achieve more and have a blast. Everytime I go out, I'm thrilled that they even let that thing out on the track, and even happier that its still running after each session.

It does take some planning. I had USCT sfc welded into the Coronet, but it was still under restoration and the interior was gutted.
I'm just now in the process of adding sfc to the Dart. The Dart's a driver though so I had to gut the interior (I was swapping out the bucket seats anyway) and pull up the carpeting. After I'm done fitting, there's a mobile exhaust fabricator in the area (he fabbed the Coronet's exhaust system) that I'll call to have them welded up.

I welded in some subframe connectors in my 72 Satty and WOW. Really helped. I used the Mancini bar type and added some extra bracing. Not as clean as the USCT but no need to pull the interior and simple welds.
You could also fabricate these yourself on the cheap.
Note these are for A-bodies 111 wheel base:
https://www.manciniracing.com/maabo10whba.html

Consider something like the Accusump 3 quart oil accumulator, for long engine life. It helps prevent running out of oil pressure on turns and long runs.

Your thread has me thinking about doing mine as a track day car instead of a drag car. I'm in North OC. We have Buttonwillow too.

Your thread has me thinking about doing mine as a track day car instead of a drag car. I'm in North OC. We have Buttonwillow too.

Of all the driving I’ve done over the years, tracking my car at a road course has been the most fun I’ve had with an automobile, not to mention the most challenging. SoCal has so many options with Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, and Chuckwalla. Not to mention you can travel to Northern California for a bunch more. I like to go out with https://www.ongridtrack.com/ They are reasonably priced with multiple run groups and are easy going.

Here's a break down of my parts with pricing from Summit Racing.

Hotchkis 1.10 Torsion Bars - Part #19367 $334
Summit Racing 1 1/8" Front Sway Bar - Part #SUM-720230 $196
Mopar HD Leaf Spring (left) - Part #P4452983 $140
Mopar HD Leaf Spring (right) - Part #P4452982 $140
Summit Racing 7/8" Rear Sway Bar - Part #720231 $200
1" lowering blocks with bolts (I forgot which brand I used) $50
Alignment - $200
Total $1260

Tires/Wheels
Front wheel 15x8 Part #63-5812042 $126 x 2
Front tire 245/60R15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T $146 x 2
Rear wheels 15x10 Part#63-5012052 $182 x 2
Rear tire 295/50R15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T $190 x 2
Milodon Wheel Studs (rear) Part #86165 $36
Milodon Wheel Studs (front) Part #86155 $33
Billet Specialties Wheel Spacer Part#WSG5L250 $37 x 2
Total $1431

Proforged Pitman Arm Part #103-10031 $123
Proforged Idler Arm Part #102-10063 $58

EBC Brake Pads Part #DP4678R $136
Front Brake Rotors Approx. $45 each
DOT 4 Brake Fluid
Don't forget wheel bearings and seals

Why spacers?

A "road course" I ran in High School. Worked with a guy who had a new Opel GT, me in my 66 Charger/383 4 speed, G70 GT Qualifiers on front, G60 on back. He lived out on Nemo Road and we would go to his place to drink beer and smoke dope after work. We would chase each other on this winding road and neither could lose, or pass the other. Too much traffic to try it today.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.01.35 AM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back