• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body stiffening

I will say this about Mecum if anyone is wondering.
They are a WELL oiled machine. A rep was assigned to my account and sent me checklists of things to do. It was updated as I went along. I had Mecum transport the car to Vegas and that was awesome too. A car hauler like NASCAR haulers showed up. The no reserve gets you a 6. % commission instead of 10. Also only 500 for a prime time VS 1000 for reserve. They say within two weeks I will get a check. The only thing I paid upfront was the prime spot, all else will be reconciled from the proceeds then they cut the check. Phil Painter did not have anything good to say about BJ auctions. The truck driver who picked up my car says Mecum sells a shitload more cars each year than BJ. Mecum has 12 auctions each year! Also, the people who drive the cars up to the block are all volunteers. If you want to do that, contact Mecum and they can get you set up. You will pay your own way to get to the auction and back.

Darius,
I'm glad you were able to sell it since that is what you wanted to do.
I only wish you would have come to Cruisin The Coast when Dennis did.
THAT would have possibly been one of your fondest memories of that car.
I'm sad to say that the "little house" my wife and I have struggled to build and complete, for several years now, that finally is 90+% finished, that was to be our getaway and "cruise central" to enhance the experience of spending the week at CtC is a big part of the reason we only got to go 2 days this year, and her GTO had to stay home.
Between the thieving CONtractors, the 2nd one actually got away with stealing $30k plus from "us" and the astronomical rise in materials and labor for a job that should have been finished 2 years ago, and some of the crappiest "work" I've ever seen, this year was the worst CtC in a while.
Maybe our reach extended beyond our grasp, but that wouldn't have been the case if we were dealing with people of good character, and now we are too close to bail.
So, it would have been nice for you to have come when Dennis did.

I have a hard time taking a guy seriously when his spelling and grammar are bad. Forgive my blunt nature but that is the truth.
Secondly, "Customs" have been bringing more money than OEM builds in many cases. Not all, but some.
Not everyone sees an auction purchase as an investment. Some want a finished car to enjoy and drive.
I doubt that you have seen the car up close. I have. Your opinion is not one based on knowledge and experience.

That's the 68 Dodge Charger R/T from the Detroit Muscle episodes that began with "Hard Charger". After they picked it up and got it "safe" to drive, drum brake parts and a few odds and ends, they drove it to the Wellborn Museum for a Mopar show that I happened to have my 70 Roadrunner in. Not knowing their Charger nor the story behind it, I parked next to the "kinda ratty" old Charger. It was a great show, great people, amazing cars...What an experience.
What they did w/that Charger is such a fine representation of one way to treat a decent old muscle car.

Well, 8 months on any web site I could find to advertise on ( except the thieves at ebay or dicks on craigslist)and only ONE serious inquiry, a dude from Germany who absolutely wanted it but would never get it past German import issues, I have consigned it to Mecum in Las Vegas. 9 October lot # 152, apps 2:30 pm. That is my birthday and all I want is someone with a lot of money who likes Mopars to be there!

Wow! I was at the Meacum auction that day. I was surprised to see you had it listed up for auction, but told a buddy of mine how solid your car looked from your thread. If I didn't already have a build going (69 Firebird pro-touring/restomod), and my 68 charger driver that will be my next project already with engine issues, I might have had a big interest at the price it went for!

Auto Transport Service
Back