• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body stiffening

I know this has been a long time coming BUT...I finally had a chance to weigh my GTX. With the 440/727 in its bone stock condition with 1/4 tank BEFORE I started it weighed 3800 lbs.
Now, 5.7/Nag1, 8 3/4, alterktion/4link, 4 disc brakes, 07 Charger dash and console ,appx 1/2 tank 3725lbs! I also have Lizzard Skin sound and heat deadening spray in every nook and cranny it could be sprayed in. Distribution is pretty balanced at 53% on the front axle.

GTX weight.JPG

Nice! That's a respectable weight for a comfortable street car and a good weight distribution. I would have guessed the front would have been much heavier...

It's that lighter 5.7 and alteration vs k member and power steering chunk!

The newer transmission is heavier than a 727 but the 5.7 is essentially a small block. Considering the aluminum heads, plastic/composite intake and the front suspension, I can see the weight being where it is.

FINALLY...... I got the GTX to the track today so we can see how it does. First time I ever ran it on a timed track. Only the second run I have EVER made in ANY car. I am thinking I can easily get this in the high 13's once I work on reaction times. My car was #302. The other one was a ChargerHellcat! It was a spot on the horizon before I even left the line!

IMG_7645.JPG

Oh yeah, there was a car show also and I won this very cool hand made award.

IMG_7646.JPG

Sir. That trophy is amazing. Well deserved award. Great car. Hopefully next year at cruzin I'll get to see this beauty in person.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't think those judges have much for the Pro Touring thing yet, there certainly wasn't any class for it.[/QUOTE]

So your sayin' you have no class??........:lol::realcrazy:

14.0 isn't that about what the stock 383 version ran?

14.0 isn't that about what the stock 383 version ran?

From Motor Trend:
1969 Plymouth Road Runner (MT)
383ci/335hp, 3spd auto, 3.23, 0-60 - 7.3, 1/4 mile - 14.7 @ 94.63mph

His MPH through the traps is higher, so I agree some work with reaction times at the start will bring him into the 13s!

A rather new member asked me how I liked the suspension. I figured now that it is several years out on the road I would post my reply here for others who may also be interested. BTW, I did get to the track again and ran a 13.777!
Here is my response,

I LOVE this ride! I have really put it to the test. We drive about 400 miles to the Spring Fling in LA from No Calif. We have an awesome route through the central valley OFF of I-5 that winds and twists for about 100 miles with some awesome straight sections. This is through some hilly areas. Then it flattens out and straight as an arrow for another 100 miles. 100mph+ for miles on end. Then we end up at Willow Springs race track, a 2 1/2 mile road course that is on a hillside. Most fun I have ever had driving a car. The car sticks to the track like glue! I have done this twice and was scheduled this spring until covid put the screws to that.
Bottom line is I have just over 15,000 miles on the car . The only thing I have a complain about is the upper shock mount on the 4-link rear suspension is junk. Broke one off completely and the other was 3/4 of the way there. That bolt is not even case hardened. We fabbed up a better bracket to relieve some stress and modified some case hardened bolts to work correctly. THAT is the ONLY problem I have had with the suspension in all of those miles and it just happened last time I drove it. The brakes are fantastic. I have had ZERO issues with the engine or transmission. Just turned out unbelievably awesome in every way.

Actually reaction time has ZERO bearing on the ET. If you sit at the starting line without breaking the beam you can be there a minute.
Your ET starts once you break the beams that light the staged yellow bulbs.
Your launch and 60 ft times are where you will cut ET, I know because mine have been bad (over 2 seconds) Shoot for a 1.7 60 ft and go from there.
Glad you got to the track, great car!

Well Darius, I read the whole thing. very nice car and fantastic build! I will NOT be doing this to the Express. I will have to be satisfied with the 440 RB and 500 HP. I did much the same thing as you by installing the 2004 Audi A-6 dash/console. I have made many mods to tie it all together. Great job on yours!

I saw a 68/or/69 Roadrunner on Mecum today, show is from Arizona.
Roadrunner body on a 2014 Challenger Scat Pack.
Pretty amazing.

Well boys, time moves on and so do passions and interests. I put gas in her last week and saw that it is only the third time in two years I have done so. Can't see letting this dream sit and do nothing plus there are other things I can use the money for. Ads on ClassicCarsArena.com and a few others. I see the ONLY cars selling on this site are projects so I am not going to bother posting it here.

I knew it. Sad. Reconsider.
Lotsa memories in that car. Santa Anita. Virginia City.
Bob’s Big Boy Burbank to name a few.

Last edited:
It has become VERY difficult to see such an investment do nothing for me. Someone is out there who will get much more out of this than I am.

It has become VERY difficult to see such an investment do nothing for me. Someone is out there who will get much more out of this than I am.
To me the joy has always been in the building. It’s like arriving at your destination, sit awhile unwind then plan your next ‘trip’.

Lotsa memories in that car. Santa Anita. Virginia City.
Bob’s Big Boy Burbank to name a few.

Sure was! I enjoyed every minute of it, just have no idea if any of that will EVER be available again as we knew it.

Auto Transport Service
Back