• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B1 Original Valve Covers Needed

TheGodfather

Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
This is hard to believe but, I bought a new set of B1 Original heads and valve covers from Koffel's last year. Now I find out their newest valve covers that came with the heads don't offer the needed clearance for a MSD Distributor. Koffel's said they're still working on the VC problem but said a regular Chrysler distributor will fit with a crank trigger setup. Well I don't want a crank trigger setup due to the significant added cost. I want to use an MSD which I already have. A friend told me an older version of a B1 valve cover is different and would offer the right clearance with the MSD. Finding one will be the issue.

Any of you guys have some idea where a person can find valve covers that will work on B1 originals with an MSD distributor? Or shed some needed light on this subject?

That's a crap deal, I'll never understand why they stopped making the valve covers with the round inside corners and just went with the standard flat cornered wedge style units. The old ones are hard to find. You can mill them out and weld them back up, but they don't look near as nice afterwards.

Right On Hemirunner. I completely agree. This whole deal has given me lots of heartburn. When I purchased the B1 Kit from Koffel's last January which included the B1 Original heads w/valves, valve covers, intake, manifold, spacers. and T&D rockers; there was no mention by Scott or Dave Koffel about valve cover/distributor clearance issues or options thereof. I even told them I was planning to use a MSD distributor. Still no disclosure. Within the shipping boxes there was absolutely no paper work whatsoever, no owners manuals, no watch outs and no directions. Nothing!! Worse yet Koffel's knew they have an issue with this. AND you all thought INDY was the only one that had bad service? So I'm hunting for an older version of the B1 valve covers that haven't been molested.

Thanks for the warning! You would think they would have made something work with the MSD dist considering it`s so popular. I ordered some Stealth heads this morning and they made sure I knew about the push rod and valve spring issues. They have a set of notes that they go through before you order them so there`s no surprizes. I thought that was pretty good...

Auto Transport Service
Back