• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

back seat!

coronet66

Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
How in the he!! do u remove the back seat in a 66 coronet?:angryfire: I've tried everything, I think? I just don't want to break anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

There are hooks welded to the floor and you sit or put downward pressure on the front portion of the seat bottom and push towards the rear. It's not always easy but that's how it's done.

Push back and up!You might have do it with your feet They can be tight sometimes.

Ok I just asked this a few weeks ago for a 69 (but its the same).

Mine was a 2 piece...not sure if yours is.

Anyways, first things first. Clear your head, drink a beer, whatever u gotta do to keep calm. This might drive u nuts....LOL.

Get in the car and kneel on floor behind front seat (or where the front seat would be if out), face the back seat. Use your elbows and lean on bottom of back seat. Try to put as much weight as u can on it. Then at the same time, push seat back with your knees.
Its a little hard to describe, but once u get one side out, youll know what I mean.
I found that it was a little harder to get the second side out cuz it was on a slight angle, but that might have just been a coincidence.
Once bottom is out, top comes out pretty easy by lifting upwards.

Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back