• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Balancing red line bias ply tires

I'm still trying to get by the " I tried adding 10 ounces of antifreeze" statement. Rotated the tire.. etc. Sure seems like you were telling us that YOU mounted the tire and took it in for balance and then rotated it 90* yourself and then took it again for balance. That FOAD goes both ways...

I'm still trying to get by the " I tried adding 10 ounces of antifreeze" statement. Rotated the tire.. etc. Sure seems like you were telling us that YOU mounted the tire and took it in for balance and then rotated it 90* yourself and then took it again for balance. That FOAD goes both ways...

Yes, that is EXACTLY was I did. Please explain what you are getting at.. not being confrontational- I don't understand why you’re so confused?
And for the record, if you insult- I’ll call it out.

Last edited:
Seriously, WTF would you put 10 ounces of antifreeze in a tire? Why mount a tire when you can't balance it yourself. Your tire shop is ******* with you, simple as that! Did you miss the part about my 5 x redlines, Goodyears mind you, that have less than 2 ounces on each wheel. Drove them another 70 miles today, no issue. Surely there's another tire shop in town. Let them do the whole deal. Nobody is insulting you.. get over it, that much weight on a single wheel most would think it was staged.

Seriously, WTF would you put 10 ounces of antifreeze in a tire? Why mount a tire when you can't balance it yourself. Your tire shop is ******* with you, simple as that! Did you miss the part about my 5 x redlines, Goodyears mind you, that have less than 2 ounces on each wheel. Drove them another 70 miles today, no issue. Surely there's another tire shop in town. Let them do the whole deal. Nobody is insulting you.. get over it, that much weight on a single wheel most would think it was staged.

I should have named this post “lost in translation“..
First: you seem completely ignorant on ‘bead balancing’ or ‘liquid balancing’. People bead balance off-road, large or bias tires because they are typically more difficult to balance.
Second: I didn’t balance the wheels myself.. because I don’t have a tire balancer!??

Look, take a deep breath, step back and take a break. Please, no more STUPID questions. “Why did you balance your tires“, “WTF anti-freeze”, “did you change your own tires“?!
Everything is just fine. My wheels and tires are back on the car and balanced properly. Tested over 100 mph, all good.
This was a unique event I thought everyone could learn from or appreciate.

Thanks for all the great responses. Sorry it went sideways.
Let’s Race! Beep Beep!!

Last edited:
4e3tqb.jpg
Hey, if you're gonna post a pic like that online, damn straight people are going to question it, make fun of it, ridicule the thing - but then, that was the whole purpose of posting it to begin with (since you knew how ludicrous it was, right?).

Antifreeze? They use it in tractor and other heavy equipment tires around these parts for ballast, not for anything that's going to see any highway use.

Oh...and I'd not make a point of being thin-skinned about perceived insults on an online forum - and then proceed to call another member/their questions "stupid".
Just sayin'.

Me, I'd have had a manager out there at the balancing machine ASAP - the employee that managed that balancing job is dangerous to anyone he serves.
Happy the situation got resolved to your satisfaction.

I love the meme! Thanks for sharing.
Actually, someone reminded us how dangerous it was. They were right. But after everything this year, who know’s what to expect these days..

Not sure I’d call it thin skin…haha. Next time I’ll try not to bite back.

The beads and liquid have been used for years. It’s really becoming a standard for larger Off Road tires.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back