• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BARN FIND 67 GTX

Hi Rich - Glad to see you here. You need to turn your CAPS LOCK off tho...lol.
I've seen the car - he's got some work ahead but judging by his 340 car it's in good hands.

MOPER, THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS, I LEFT CAP LOCK ON CUZ MY EYE SIGHT IS GETTING BAD ...LOL MY WIFE KEEPS TELLING ME TO GET GLASSES .

Welcome from MI. Great story about the car. Look forward to seeing the pics. Get that son on it. :thumbsup:

Rich, great story line on this X! Looking forward on your upcoming restoration and pics to follow:thumbsup:

HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF MY BARN FIND GTX THE FIRST TIME I GOT TO SEE IT.
IMG_0394.JPG
FENDER WAS DAMAGED WHEN THE BARN COLLAPSED
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG
NOTICE THE ACORNS
IMG_0400.JPG
BUMPERS WERE IN THE BARN
IMG_0402.JPG
MICE IN THE HEAD LINER
IMG_0403.JPG

DAMAGE FROM BARN COLLAPSE
IMG_0404.JPG
VALANCE WAS DAMAGED WHEN THE FARMER DRAGGED THE X OUT OF THE RUBBLE

Man complete to the aircleaner, that's great. Red with white interior and a four speed......That car will be amazing when finished!

SURE WISH SOMEONE WOULD MAKE A QUALITY QUARTER PANEL OR AT LEAST A LARGE PATCH PANEL THAT WOULD COVER BOTH SIDES OF THE WHEEL WELL!!! THAT GUY IN THE PHOTO WAS THE ORIGINAL OWNER, YOU CAN SEE THE COLLAPSED BARN WHERE THE X WAS PARKED IN 78 OR 79, HE COULDNT REMEMBER, YOU CAN SEE THE HOLE WHERE THE X WAS DIGGING ITS OWN GRAVE.... SO SAD... NOT SURE WHY THE BUMPERS WERE TAKEN OFF BUT HE GAVE THEM TO ME THAT DAY, DID ANYONE NOTICE THE DODGE STEERING WHEEL? ORIGINAL OWNER TOLD ME THAT BACK IN THE DAY PEOPLE WERE STEALING THEM FROM THE CARS SO HE DECIDED TO TAKE THE PLYMOUTH ONE OFF AND STORE IT IN HIS ATTIC AND PUT A DODGE ONE ON,,, KINDA STRANGE BUT THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME. I WAS SO EXCITED THAT I DIDNT NOTICE TILL A WEEK LATER SO I CALLED HIM AND HE SAID I CAN HAVE THE PERFECT PLYMOUTH ONE IN HIS ATTIC. THE GUY ALSO GAVE ME HIS ORIGINAL LOAN PAPERWORK, IT WAS 3,696.72 . HE PURCHASED THE CAR ON DEC,16 1966 AT RIO PLYMOUTH-VALIANT INC IN NEW BRITAIN CT

Yes it is a sad fact that the aftermarket parts are few for these 66/67 B-bodies. There are some quarter patches out there but most aren't happy with them. I made due with a set for my Coronet, but they were far from perfect. In any case, you have an awesome car there. Congratulations.
And I had to trim one nail off as it cracked from the tapping! :)

83,808 MILES, THE ORIGINAL OWNER TOLD ME HE DROVE IT HARD WHEN HE GOT IT, LOTS OF LIGHT TO LIGHT ACTION ON THR BERLIN TURNPIKE, HE WAS YOUNG AND HAD LOTS OF FUN WITH IT.

You could have a special order car, Does it have bucket seats no console.

Auto Transport Service
Back