• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BARN FIND 67 GTX

You could have a special order car, Does it have bucket seats no console.
I TALKED WITH THE ORIGINAL OWNER, HIS FATHER WORKED AT THE DEALERSHIP AND TOGETHER THEY ORDERED THE CAR WITH THE OPTIONS HE WANTED, HE WANTED A SLEEPER LOOK. I TOLD HIM I LIKE THE CONSOLE WITH THE 440 HE REPLIED, " IT WONT MAKE THE CAR FASTER" I HE DIDNT WANT STRIPES OR "FANCY" WHEELS EITHER.

That interior is amazing I wouldn't change a thing! I have my own field find 67 gtx project, I love the tissue box 67 but parts are always a struggle. Looks like you have the perfect starting point there.

Sweet find. Any question feel free to ask. Lots of good & smart people on this site. When I did my dads 67 GTX we had to piece his quarters & we went through several patch panels until we were happy with them. A lot of them are hand formed & are junk. Keep us informed & good luck with your find.

Cool find and an awesome car. 67 Plymouths are really starting to grow on me. When I get my current Duster project done, am thinking of finding something like yours to tear into.

That looks like good raw material, how are the body and trunk pans?

the body is rusty as u can see from the photos, going to need quarters, the floors are real nice except for the passenger rear foot well is rotted, kinda strange that area is rusted thru... as far as the trunk, its going to need some love also, mostly a couple pin holes here and there.

I like the story as much as the car! Thanks for sharing

IMG_0598.JPG

Wish this guy would sell, been after him for years. 3- 68's. 1 70. 69 bee
Kansas plates. 5 min walk

now thats not fair ...lol To bad they are sitting out in the weather. Keep after him, you never know... good luck:thumbsup:

Hi Rich!
Congrads
I found a 67 GTX 440 auto car
Good luck on your build.

PS: Please "Undo" the CAPS?

thanks everyone for the encouraging words and the nice welcome, now that my daughter showed me how to post pics i will try to keep em coming as i move forward with the resto.

progress on the X is moving , ive been bagging and tagging as i go.. im running into the same problem as the rest of you 67 guys already know......AMD has dropped the ball on 67 body parts!! The more i dig into this car the more rust i find... so frustrating

hang in there, you might have to go after a 2/4 door Belvedere for some of the metal....

you might be able to use the arch but not the whole quarter. I had a pro redo the arches on my 70, he fabbed them from sheet metal.

Its been awhile, I've been working on every sub-assembly for this car, everything is rebuilt and re-plated and ready to go... everything but a bodyman, my guy quit doing body work... here's a picture of the 440-4 speed and the Dana. If the car was painted I could assemble it but I'm searching for a reputable shop for now. Rich
IMG_2077.PNG
IMG_2078.PNG
IMG_2079.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back