• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Beastie Boy's" '68 GTX

dodge41969

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of my buddies '68 Plymouth GTX with an interesting story,
he had it GIVEN to him for free,from Mike D. of the "Beastie Boy's", yes it was FREE!, my friend has been in the music industry for years,(he was the tour manager for "The Red Hot Chili Peppers")
and is friends with 100's of musician's, he was sort of a Mopar guy,having owned several of them over the years, well he was talking to Mike D. one day and he mentioned old Mopars, well he said he had one that had been sitting for a while, well my buddy went check it out, what he found out was that it was number's matching '68 440/ column auto w/the buddy seat,originally red w/white interior and black vinyl top,pwr drum,pwr steering & A/C.
Mike D. bought it in 1988, and it was registered to "Beastie Boy's" productions, he still has the registration, in the glovebox saying so, pretty cool I thought.
he was driving it for a while when the tranny went out on it, these pictures were shot at my other friends,after the tranny rebuild, and he was just getting ready to put it back in.

048.JPG

051.JPG

047.JPG

049.JPG

045.JPG

Must be nice! haha looks like a fun project.
Beastie boys are one of my favorite bands.

Beastie Boy productions in 1968??? They didn't come out 'til the 1980's?? Whats up withthat?

Auto Transport Service
Back