• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belvedere II

TMA1

Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
I've been checking out the site for some time, and thought it worth joining up to thank the community for all the helpful information that I've picked up.

I've been a Mopar fan since before I could drive, when I came across a gorgeous '69 Super Bee sitting in a used car lot near my home (this was in the mid-90s). In 1997 I picked up a used '70 Charger SE that I hung onto for several years, before having to sell it (still kicking myself over that).

Last year I picked up my current car, a '67 Belvedere II. Had to put it aside for a while, but now I've got some AMD quarters coming in to get the ball rolling. It's a Silver Special car, originally B7 Blue with a silver vinyl top. I'll probably have to settle for a black top, given that I haven't seen any silver colored tops available from any of the repro shops. The original interior is in pretty good shape though. It still has its original 318/auto powertrain.

I also have a '72 Duster that's been on the back-burner since picking up the Belvedere. Maybe I should be on the A-body forums as well...

20210612_185842.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

:welcome: from :canada:. Great colour combo. You shouldn't give up on the silver top just because the repro places aren't stocking them. Can't you just get one installed custom, since no matter how you slice it, it will be a repro at this stage? Whatever ya decide, looking forward to the progress! :thumbsup:

Welcome from Alabama, I have had a couple of Silver Specials over the years, but didn't know a silver top existed. Post some pictures and include one of the fender tag if available.

There should be a code on the fender tag for a vinyl top, indicating the color.

There was no "B7" in 1967.

But if the paint code is something like "EA2", it could have been dark blue with a silver painted top.

There should be a code on the fender tag for a vinyl top, indicating the color.

There was no "B7" in 1967.

But if the paint code is something like "EA2", it could have been dark blue with a silver painted top.

You're right, I must have confused the color while looking at later color charts for the Duster. It's EE1, Dark Blue Metallic.

Welcome from Alabama, I have had a couple of Silver Specials over the years, but didn't know a silver top existed. Post some pictures and include one of the fender tag if available.

From what I've seen, the "silver" tops all look like a lighter shade of black to me. The vehicle here is described as having a NOS silver top installed:
https://topclassiccarsforsale.com/p...lvedere-ii-034silver-special034-pristine.html

I wasn't clear on what color the top originally was - I didn't even realize silver was an option. All the decoders I've found just indicate that Y5 = vinyl top, unknown color. But this thread indicates it's silver:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/y5-fender-tag-code.179442/

I've decoded the fender tag as:
CAR: Plymouth Belvedere 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 WSW
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: March 13.
AXLE: 2.94 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Split Bench Seats. Gray Interior.
PAINT: Dark Blue Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Regal Blue Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial).
OTHER: Black (Dodge, Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color. Blue Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y5: Vinyl Top, Unknown Color

abc OPTIONS:
d6: Unknown Option (possibly a rear speaker?)
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
j4: Moulding - Body Sill Narrow
m9: delete body side mldg

20220511_153617.jpg

Unusual car, most silver specials were silver body color, black vinyl top and the special blue/silver interior. The two that I had were both like that. EE1 and silver top has to be somewhat rare and deserves a proper restoration. Best to you in the process.

Mine was a silver special too. But due to lack of work at the time had to part ways with it.
SAM_5934.JPG

Hartz is the only auto topping fabric manufacturer left as far as I know. In the mid 2000's they started reducing the number of colors offered due to lack of demand. I only know this because of having installed tops for 28 years. Good luck finding what you're looking for.
https://www.dltcorporation.com/category_s/36.htm
I seem to remember that it was probably a Levant grain

Auto Transport Service
Back