• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belvedere Project Update

Finally made it to the chassis dyno to get everything dialed in. After a few pulls, the techs re-curved my distributor giving me a little more timing at idle. The Quick Fuel was dead on out of the box with no jets needing to be changed. Air fuel and throttle plates were adjusted and several more pulls were made. Best pull netted 532hp to the wheels, was hoping for a bit more but was told with a 5500 converter the power is just coming on when getting off the throttle at 6500rpm. Street driving after the chassis dyno tuning is night and day difference. Really hoping for 10.50 at street legal drags on March 5th!

IMG_2645.jpg IMG_2648.jpgIMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg IMG_2648.jpg IMG_2649.jpg

Sweet,
nice #'s too

thanks for sharing

Thanks Mike / Budnicks! Mike on your 10.60 run what rpm did you shift at? On the engine dyno he ran my combo to 7k rpm but it didn't gain much power over the 6500 pull. Thinking I will just shift at 6500.

Thanks to moparcrazy, I ordered and installed 8rib serpentine belt setup from CVF Racing. It not only stays on at 7k RPM, it also stopped my overheating problem. Photos are poor, but it looks really nice when running. Taking it to Westech Performance Chassis Dyno in the next few weeks, then should be good for a first test and tune track days with the new motor!

View attachment 305085

Very nice. I have same set up on my car.

2quick your car is looking great! Doing a great job. Mmissile, just trying to hang with your awesome ride! Thanks for the compliment. Tempest 455, thanks, the serpentine set up has worked better than I expected.

Thanks Mike / Budnicks! Mike on your 10.60 run what rpm did you shift at? On the engine dyno he ran my combo to 7k rpm but it didn't gain much power over the 6500 pull. Thinking I will just shift at 6500.

I shift 1-2 and 2-3 at 6300. I set my shift lite at 6000 but by the time my mind reacts and the transmission actually shifts it goes up another 300rpm before the shift is actually executed. I am sure of this because I go-pro my tach and gauges. I go thru the lites about 6300 to 6500 with 28" tall tires and 4.30 gear at between 123.75 and 124.5mph

31X14.50 MT/ET

MINI TUBS? Seems big for standard inner fender move alone?

Thanks Mike for the info, that's going to help! 2quick yes it's tubbed, not sure of the biggest tire that can fit in stock fender wells, but the tire that's on it is pretty wide. My car has a narrowed Dana 60 with moser axles and a 456 spool with Wilwoods at all four corners. Good luck on your car it's looking great!

Thanks Mike for the info, that's going to help! 2quick yes it's tubbed, not sure of the biggest tire that can fit in stock fender wells, but the tire that's on it is pretty wide. My car has a narrowed Dana 60 with moser axles and a 456 spool with Wilwoods at all four corners. Good luck on your car it's looking great!

Are the frame rails moved or just the inner wheel well? If you get a minute take some pictures of the inside of the trunk.. How are the Bias ply's on the street?

Here is a picture of my trunk before I finished it. I have no issues with The MT ET Bias ply's on the street. Not sure I would drive them in the rain though! Might try the Hoosier Quick Time Pro next go around. Thanks for asking!

IMG_1835.jpgIMG_2426.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 237
Thanks Mike67, it's a work in progress, but a blast finally being able to cruise it around the neighborhood.

Sweet I like your style, well the cars anyway...LOL

Plum....You gotta get that car to the drag strip and let us know the numbers....After sorting out any bugs I think the car should go around 10.30 or so....It is a bad boy build.

Thanks Budnicks / Mike, not sure about the 10.30 your combo prob makes a little more power with the compression you have. My heads flow a little more and my tire is a little wider than what your using. I would be real happy matching your times! I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for all the info you have provided!

Thanks Budnicks / Mike, not sure about the 10.30 your combo prob makes a little more power with the compression you have. My heads flow a little more and my tire is a little wider than what your using. I would be real happy matching your times! I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for all the info you have provided!

Plum, Your motor definitely makes more power than mine. Mine made 602HP with the INDY Dual Plane and 850cfm Demon (and it went best of 10.989 with that combo) but I believe I had to have gained 40 or so HP with the installation of the Edelbrock Victor 440 Single Plane and 1050 Dominator (because I went 10.609 with this new setup) so that would put me at around 640 to 645 (on pump gas) but 650 at the most. My car weighs 3670 with me and 5 gal gas. I do have 1.479 best 60' so that helps my ET.
And remember, my Dyno runs were on pump gas too.
But....I run 50% VP110 Race Gas and 50% 91 Pump Gas at the races...so that is worth some lower ET's, I am sure.But I think you should still go in the 10.30's (running 50% race gas and 50% pump gas) especially using your transbrake (which I do NOT have).
I have a friend that runs a 64 Polara (about the same weight as yours and my B-Bodies) and he has basically YOUR motor (Max Wedge Heads and 2" Headers and trans brake, but he was running 100% 110Race Gas) and he went 10.20 off the trailer...with straight 91 pump, no race gas you still should go 10.40's....but your 60' times need to be in the low 1.40's so get your traction tire pressure, launch rpm, figured out first..My MT Streets run best at 16lbs with my Cal Trac setup...MT Tech says NOT to go lower than 15lbs with a 3600lb car or the tires will cup up in the middle because of the weight. I tried 20, 19, 18, 17, 16 and 15 and I got my best 60' with 16lbs.
If you footbrake I would ride the converter up to 3000rpm at the line and then launch (that is what I do, with my 5000rpm converter to get my best 60' times). If you transbrake it I would set the transbrake rev limiter to 4000rpm to launch.

Thanks again Mike! I do have a Griner trans brake but it's still in the box! Good info on the tire pressure as I wasn't sure what to run. I will be foot braking it the first time out and will be using 50% VP 110 and 50% 91. If I can get a weekend off I will be taking it to Fontana. Not sure what mine weighs but I do have fiberglass bumpers and hood and interior is gutted except for two seats so should weigh about the same as yours! I need to get it on the scales soon!

Auto Transport Service
Back