• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best cap/rotor replacement or UPGRADE for a stock mopar 383 distributor??

MykeNytemare

Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
I plan to do a full tune up soon and along with some Firecore 50 wires and installing an MSD 6AL I picked up cheap, I am also going to get an MSD Blaster coil.

However, I have no idea which cap/rotor to upgrade to as I am not 100% sure what kind of distributor I have (It appears to be a stock unit). Can't seem to find a lot for mopars out there :-(

Would love a clear distributor cap if anyone knows were to find one.

20141102_131855.jpg

Don't know about any clear ones, but I've had my best luck with the Blue Streak Cap & Rotor's, with the brass tipped rotor and brass cap terminals. Nice choice on the Firecore 50 wires!

Myke,
I also recommend the BlueStreak ignition stuff. If you are keeping the points, the blue streak points are ventilated (hole in stationary contact) and are the largest diameter to insure low resistance for maximum coil saturation. The condenser is also of a hd configuration....mylar internal insulation..... I echo the other guys opinion....brass is a better conductor than aluminum.
Cheers,
RJ Renton

up grading the ignition needs good dielectric strength in the cap that blue streak was always good for

Auto Transport Service
Back