• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite 400ci Plugs, wires, cap, rotor/distributor

You can always consider a "short" external insulator spark plug available from several manufacturers, such as Champion CJ series (CJ--8Y series) OR NGK (BJR7 series) in equilivant heat range to what you are presently using. These for instances are assuming a 3/8" reach plug. If your preference is NGK, refer to their heat range and gap styles and firing end configurations. NGK offers a plethora of plugs in their offerings. The same holds true for the other manufacturers......call them to verify....just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON
Thanx Bob for your input, I'll do some research on all your suggestions, unless you or anyone knows the most favourable heat range / gap style / firing end metrics for my 400ci?
And 3/8" reach refers to what? The height of the insulated contact extending from the block?

Thanx Bob for your input, I'll do some research on all your suggestions, unless you or anyone knows the most favourable heat range / gap style / firing end metrics for my 400ci?
And 3/8" reach refers to what? The height of the insulated contact extending from the block?
The reach of the plug is the thread length from the gasket seat to the threaded end AND the spark plug's treated hole in the cylinder head. The "B" (361, 383, 400) engines and the "RB" (413, 426 Wedge, 440) engines used the 3/8" reach plug, such as Champion J-11Y, Autolite AP85, AC R43S. HEMI ENGINES used a 3/4" reach plug like Champion N-10Y. Origional plugs for your engine were likely Champion J-11Y non resistor extended firing end. Do yourself a favor and and research the NGK AND CHAMPION spark plug information to see what may be available....check on line.....the final heat range will be determined by your engine configuration, use, and your expectations.......
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back