• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Looking Car Ever Made

Tried to buy a 58 Edsel once. A sedan delivery. I'm SURE there was never any such thing made, I'm betting it was a conversion from a Courier, but it sure was neat. Price kept dropping, when it got to where I was comfortable, it was gone.
Edsel did make wagons, don’t know if sedan deliveries. IIRC there was a 58 4dr hdtp wagon in our our City.

2nd generation Charger.
I know this has been mentioned several times. And I’m biased because I have one. But the body lines are amazing. Something else I noticed, even Mopar haters like it.

Edsel did make wagons, don’t know if sedan deliveries. IIRC there was a 58 4dr hdtp wagon in our our City.
It was either a two door Edsel wagon conversion, or a Ford courier sedan delivery conversion. It was so well done, I couldn't tell which. It DID have a sedan delivery rear door, one piece, not a tailgate and window like a wagon would have. A tailgate instead of a door would have been the giveaway.

It was either a two door Edsel wagon conversion, or a Ford courier sedan delivery conversion. It was so well done, I couldn't tell which. It DID have a sedan delivery rear door, one piece, not a tailgate and window like a wagon would have. A tailgate instead of a door would have been the giveaway.
Thanks.

Just Google'd Edsel sedan delivery, and saw pics of several!! I'm shocked ! Iwas sure they never made such a thing. I am clearly wrong...... but ill bet there ain't many, then or now.

I sold new cars in 1985. I don’t recall seeing that year Monte with two tone interiors. The dealer fleet managers ordered what they thought would sell. Maybe it was available but not ordered by our guy.
Memory is that the interior shown was standard in 83. Love those cars....

Back in the 70's we had a guy in Modesto who collected Edsels, had literally hundreds of them, he owned property just across the frontage road from Hwy-99, he had the cars lined up along a fence, there was over 60 cars in the front row & there were five rows.... When he passed away the family sold off what would sell quickly & scrapped the rest... Brought in a couple crushers & laid waste... Not a car I was interested in but still it was the old mans passion & his kids crushed it without hesitation...

Kind of a generic request, as all
domestic builders have produced
details and aspects of their styles
that have appealed to me. Era specific
would be a more fair question, as
styles and manufacturing processes
change over the life of a vehicles
nameplate. Personal tastes are hard
to pin down.
Who here can scoff at a '34 Plymouth
coupe, a 1940 Ford coupe, and the
forever competitiveness of Ford
Mustang vs Chevy Camaro. Even a
Jeep CJ.
If manufacturers built only what
you personally thought was the best
looking car, American built, AMC
Pacers would rule the road.
Personally, I find the "best" in
every single American car ever built.

Well, of course I'm biased to the 69 Charger. But the DeSoto's need more love:

151995_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

1956-desoto-fireflite.jpg

FWD
Turbo
Hidden headlights.

Basically- the future.

Choose only one please. I know everyone has thought about what they perceive to be the best looking car ever produced. I am 57 years old and I have had an obsession with cars since I was 4 years old. I have had favorites from time to time but it always comes back to my first love as being the most aesthetically pleasing. 1969 Plymouth roadrunner
View attachment 1469034
Lot of pictures of beautiful cars in this thread, not many of them newer designs. I like 69 barracudas. But what ever your flavor, I just cannot stand the majority of new vehicles that look like easter eggs with random bumps and lines on them. I mean what are the designers thinking?

The only modern cars that look decent are the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger and Corvette, the rest of them, you need to look at the emblems to tell them apart from each other. The electric schitboxes are even worse, with the over the top fake futuristic BS. The Tesla looks like a fish. I don't care how fast they are,I wouldn't be seen dead in one! The word fugly comes to mind when I see one!

FWD
Turbo
Hidden headlights.

Basically- the future.
Optional gear driven supercharger. Same with Auburn and Duesenberg. The concealed headlights were manually cranked up with a handle on each end of the dash. A very advanced car for its day.

SEE! So far 90% of answers have been Mopar's. What else would you expect from a Mopar board????
Why don't you go ask this question on Jay Leno's forum or some other generic motorhead car board and see what kind of answers you get!!!!

So then why don't you ask this question of the of "what's the best lookin Mopar instead"? Because that's all you're going to get is 90% of **** answers from this narrow-minded board that Mopar narrow minded, like all other Mopar boards!!!!!! But what do I know after being a member here for 13+ years and other Mopar boards??? JMHO

il_570xN.720239057_16lw.jpg

Lot of pictures of beautiful cars in this thread, not many of them newer designs. I like 69 barracudas. But what ever your flavor, I just cannot stand the majority of new vehicles that look like easter eggs with random bumps and lines on them. I mean what are the designers thinking?
I agree.

I think the answer is the same reason an Airbus and Boeing airplanes look pretty much the same - aerodynamics. The days of great automobile designers are gone. Now the body designs are generated largely by computer to optimize costs and fuel economy. Then committees add some gingerbread like their version of halo headlights and off you go.

The aero trend got bucked in 2005 with the mustang and Charger.

Now aero is somewhat back "in" but designers no longer feel constrained to put out purely aerodynamic designs with no style components.

Auto Transport Service
Back