• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to buy a headliner ?

Dan64

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Getting ready to do a headliner and carpet in my 64' Polara ,I see that a store called "Classic car interiors has headliners for $133 but i have never bought from them before. Anyone have an opinion as to where i should buy or not buy?,thanks.

Got the headliner from Legendary and had a local guy do the work. $450 total for material and labor. The carpet I got locally but I hacked it up so I will be doing it again and have it done correctly. Carpet runs about $180 from Legendary also

Go to ACC website to select correct carpet and floormats, then go to Summit to order.
ACC website is structured better, more clear and user friendly
Summit is way cheaper with free shipping, saved me hundreds.

Is mass backing really worth the extra cost?. How about "tuxedo" ,worth the upgrade?.

Legendary Interiors for the headliner .
Good people and excellent quality products! *****

My 4 carpeted floormats were $138.72 with free delivery thru summit.
Carpet fit like a glove, had to trim the sides a bit.

Mine is tuxedo, but I didn't get the mass backing.

I just found my receipts, mats thru summit, carpet thru legendary because they were having a 20% off sale during the winter.
Summit is still cheaper at regular price with free shipping, and does have $20 off $200, $50 off $500, every few months.

Pics of first test fit.

20180704_201036.jpg 20180704_201047.jpg

Last edited:
If you get a headliner, take it out of box immediately and spread it out. You need to prevent any extra wrinkles.

Both the headliner and carpet should be ordered about two weeks prior to you needing those two items. We deal directly with the manufactures on those pieces and if you can purchase one that is freshly cut and sewn or molded, it will be much easier to install and will end up fitting much better than a product that has been crammed into a box for several months or years. So hopefully as soon as the items arrive, your able to install them or at least remove from the box and lay out flat to prevent excessive wrinkles.

Many of our customers looking for a more plush look, go for the tuxedo material. The mass backing is also gaining popularity among the restoration shops as it tends to lay out better and helps to insulate the car from noise and temps. The mass backing is a bit more difficult to cut, but the finished results is beneficial for most. All of the modern cars use the mass backing now instead of the jute style.

Also, if you should look at the ACC site under the part selection tab, you can look over at the right hand side of the page and see all of the custom colors that you can choose for your car. Supplying custom colors to better fit the needs of the customer is easy with the colors offered.

Thanks guys for all your replies. Still have a little while until i pull the trigger but now i have a game plan.

Auto Transport Service
Back