• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best quality quarters/trunk panels

dodge68charger

Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Looking into restoring my 69 superbee and i need new rear quarter panels and a trunk floor. Just wondering which company i should go with for the best fit. Thanks

I wish I new more. I bought the lower rear 1/4 patch panel made by AMD but sold through Tamraz and they were to short. They don't reach from the tail panel to the wheel house.

Yup, AMD for sure. I got everything through Adeals both quarters, trunk floor, extensions, left and right frame rails, and outer wheels housings. The only piece that didn't mate well with the adjacent surfaces was the frame rails from golden star auto. Had to get out "the motivator" and wallla.... perfect fit!
Looking into restoring my 69 superbee and i need new rear quarter panels and a trunk floor. Just wondering which company i should go with for the best fit. Thanks

AMD. Some minor fitting issues but nothing that caused any stress. I brought a full rear quarter, lower rear quarter patch, 2 trunk halfs , and a filler panel. Would buy again.

I am trying to patch the rear quarter of a 69 GTX. No one sells a patch panel that covers the bottom lip of the rear quarter that comes close to the door. Unless you buy a full skin . Anyone ever use a front rear quarter patch . Do you extend the rocker panel . or just make a new piece under or buy the full skin ?Its more money but seems like a waste. Cant find a patch that covers the underside. What is a filler panel?

AMD. However, all will need to be tweaked and 'fit' to actually fit into place. Be ready for a LOT of between the lines added tasks that were not on the 'instructions'.

X2 on what Donny said. I'm putting a quarter skin on my 69 Coronet and the fit is pretty good. It's the little things that I have to tweek or build to make it fit right. It's about 1/8" too short at the tail panel and I have to build the section under the lights where it wraps around to meet the tail panel. I bought mine from Shermans.

You got my vote for AMD as well. I bought just what you're looking for + a few other ancillary parts. Good metal and good fit. Was very happy.

Auto Transport Service
Back