• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best quotes and sayings about car racing

1/4 mile dragracing...I like the competition but going all the way is icing on the cake!

tumblr_lpadx9KIYg1qflydqo1_400.jpg

Special oil, special gas, special insurance,special storage. Tell me again why were doing this?. Oh yeah cause it's American and i never seen no queers wrenching on muscle cars.

Special oil, special gas, special insurance,special storage. Tell me again why were doing this?. Oh yeah cause it's American and i never seen no queers wrenching on muscle cars.
I have....they are usually tops and muscle bound and work with their shirts off (trying to attract attention I guess) and stick to their own crowd at the track but yeah, it's not a common sight.

"I hope you brought your wood screws Benny cause I'm gonna blow your doors Clean off!"
Dazed and Confused

I couldn`t agree more. At least 1000 feet !!!!!
Just a quick note.
I used to "look down" on 1/8th mile racing as only running half a race. Now I still prefer the 1320, but 1/8th mile racing is generally safer due to less top end speed and is the part of the track I need the most practice in-especially the first 60 feet, so it's useful from that perspective.

Just a quick note.
I used to "look down" on 1/8th mile racing as only running half a race. Now I still prefer the 1320, but 1/8th mile racing is generally safer due to less top end speed and is the part of the track I need the most practice in-especially the first 60 feet, so it's useful from that perspective.
IMO 1/8 mile it is a test of driver AND the machine. 1/4 mile you may not get off to the best start, but if you got the machine, it may still win................MO

IMO 1/8 mile it is a test of driver AND the machine. 1/4 mile you may not get off to the best start, but if you got the machine, it may still win................MO
My Roadrunner is "traction challenged" so it comes into its own from 2nd gear on...Just the opposite of my old tweaked 1989 Chrysler (Mitsu) Conquest TSi. That thing would jackrabbit out of the hole through the 1/8th mile, would have been even quicker if I would have swapped in the Mighty Max mini pickup truck 3.90 ring and pinion gearset I got for it. Heck-I ran next to a Porsche GT-R several times down the 1320 and was right there with him until the 1/8th every time, and then my invisible anchor seemed to get snagged on the track as he pulled away into the sunset...
:steering:
Same thing in a YouTube video of my TSi vs a Charger R/T w/Gen 3 Hemi. Left him at the line like he was in REM sleep, but barely got the win light before he crossed.

In bracket racing (heads up index too), you and the car have to do everything right but with a slow off the line car that really flies on the top end, it can fool the person in the other lane. Many will relax (if they are chasing you) thinking that they caught you real easy and then you start pulling away hard on the top end and their car doesn't have the umph to step it up enough to pass you. That can work well in the 1/4 mile but not so much in the 1/8. If you cut a lousy light in the 1/8th, there's virtually no chance you can beat your opponent unless they screw up pretty bad.

"Racing is more like politics today, than racing.."
AJ Foyt

If you had 3 racers 1st is the winner 2nd place is the 1st loser. Last loser is 3rd place.
don`t agree, next to the winner is second place, more known as runner up, how could it be anything else? Just because john the motor mouth force said it ?.

Different perspectives

In bracket racing, second place is the LAST one to lose.

In roundy round racing, second place is the FIRST one to lose.

Auto Transport Service
Back