• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Rollar Rocker Arms

landman

Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
Hey All
What is the best brand of rollar rockers for the $. I have a set of Crane Gold and they just backed off for the last time.:mad:
PS Im Sellin them Cheep:grin:

Harland sharp makes some nice rockers. They are about double the price of the Crane golds, but worth it in my eyes.

I hear that Hughes Engines makes a good set. They make only Mopar stuff! A little less than $500 for shafts,rockers and stuff.

Hey Landman, I have been looking at a bunch or arms due to a failure on my engine. And from what i have seen two seem to stand out, the Harland Sharp and the bushed Rockers from RAS.The Sharps have approx twice the area of Crane gold arms, my builder loves them. The RAS arms look very strong and are bushed stainless steel, look of good said about them. The Indy,Hughes and Dove rockers are said to be the same just repackaged, they have some bad press about them, check for your self. The Blue mopar Performance arms are said to be the same as Crane gold units. I have used the Comp Cams Arms and had good luck with a solid flat tappet cam, however a failure on a solid roller application, my fault. I have a friend using the 1.6 bushed S.S. 440 source arms in in a roller 512 with good luck. Let us know a bit more about your application, cam type, spring pressure and application and we may have more info to give. Good Luck

One i forgot to mention is Dorvak Machine, they make a trick setup using small diameter shafts and bushed rockers. I do not know any one using them but the Max-wedge Super stock guys perfer them. I think they are worth a look.

Very good info! cuz I will be needing a set soon also.
Landman, let use know what you get and how they work for you.

Was looking in to new Mopar Muscle mag at the Amsoil engine challenge and noticed most of the builders were using T/D roller rockers.

Sorry guys this is all great stuff and I havent had a chance to reply or thank you all for your help. I will post some more specs tonight when I have a chance.

Ok so here is the deal a 440 bored 30 over forged flat top pistons, Indy EZ heads, 585 gross lift cam w/ 286 duration. 1100 Dominator carb with an M1 intake. Pro Race Nitrous Kit pushing 150 shot with NOS timing system best time 10.30 @ 137MPH All this with 3.23 gears a 8.75 rear and (Yes I know) a turbo 400 transmission. A mild engine, very loose and huge ring gaps due to the Nitrous system.
Well folks those are the specs let me know your thoughts.

T/D Machine Products, man are they pricey. Thought I saw on Doug Herberts site that they were over $1000. I could be wrong but that just sounds insane!

$1000???!!!?!!?!!?!

Do they think they're HEMI rockers??????:rolling:

IS your cam a roller or Flat Tappet? If its a roller Harland Sharp is the way to go based on the higher spring pressure you will need to Run. With th EZ head you do not need off-set rockers, your pick wide open. If your using a flat tappet cam i would look at the 440 source bushed rockers. There are so many different roller rockers its tuff to pick one out. Let us know what you pick out. Good luck!

Thanks dantrap it is a flat tappet and I will let you know. Ya I know 69 Runner turbo 400 was the choice after seeing a buddy destroy a car on the line when the rear sprague let loose off a trans brake. I saw a trany blanket turn into feathers like in a pillow fight. I ran a Kevlar shield for a bit, but everyone in the group did some research and turbo 400 don't explode when they break 727s I'm sad to say can.

The RAS rockers are really good but pricey (just over a grand). And good luck getting a hold of them, as they never answer their phone or return calls. I live about 30 miles from their shop. Have to go see what the deal is.

I'd like to know what makes your T400 explosion proof.....and you might take a look at PRW rockers.

I got T & D's on my 588 wedge in my blue dodge.
imo, 2nd best rocker out there. my black dodge got jesels.you dont want to know how much they are.
Harland sharps are in my 500 ci wedge in my 63 plymouth with indy 440-1 heads.these are close to $1000.00 also. and dont compare to the T & D

My 440 is much like your setup. EZ heads, .590 cam and 1050 dominator and run 10.20's. I have had comp rollers in the car for about 6 years now with zero problems. They fit right the first time and I check valves pretty regularly just for my own state of mind and in all honesty I cannot remember them ever being off.
I would love T&D's or Jesel but thus far I have no reason to spend the extra coin. Lots of good suggestions on here. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back