• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best six pack intake gaskets?

koosh

Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Getting ready to install six pack intake....any intake gaskets better than others?
is there any need for gasket cement/sealer?

I use the tin OE valley cover gasket with the paper gaskets, dry.
Mike

To my knowledge felpro is all there is. Don't use the papers unless the manifold has been machined to fit the papers. If you have a new edelbrock intake check fitment. Generally they all are too wide and may be off on the passenger side towards the back.

I've always been befuddled at how many years edelbrock has been making these intakes and they still can't get it right.

The only other intake gaskets I know of that fit my original Mopar valley pan almost perfectly is from Hughes Engines part# HUG 3268

I've always been befuddled
Only the second time I've seen that word in print..... :lol:

I only ever used the silver 'turkey pan' gasket - always a new one, never used, and all four corners got a smear of High-temp silicone to prevent oil seepage.

As long as the manifold mates perfectly to the heads, there should be no issues.

Only the second time I've seen that word in print..... :lol:
Here's more: befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled befuddled

I use Hylomar blue around ports of the valley tin and rtv black in corners

IMG_20220201_193604.jpg

No paper gaskets between the valley pan and intake? None zero nada just like the pic hylomar bothe side around the ports and rtv black up the corner and china walls. Check engine vacuum with a 228 cam it idles like a kitten at 14 in vacuum. 13.5 AF . Seems ok to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back