• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best source for body parts.

coronet68mx

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
Today I went to check on the coronet, to re start the work and definitely am not happy with the way that the body work turns out, the rear panels are not in the best shape so I decided to replace both, and probably one door skin, am in the budget so, where is the best place to buy this parts, AMD is expensive for me, this is not a show room restoration more like a nice week end driver, do you guys have this parts laying around that you can sell it to me? I have a friend in Illinois who can get it to me here in Mexico. Thanks in advance

Good oem rear quarters will cost you more than AMD and cheap repops will cost you more than AMD when you count the time to make them right.
Oem doors are more affordable, what side do you need?

You are righht oem parts are more expensive looking for a good price I need the passenger door skin, the good thing is that here in Mexico the body shop doesn't charge you by the hour of labor.
Good oem rear quarters will cost you more than AMD and cheap repops will cost you more than AMD when you count the time to make them right.
Oem doors are more affordable, what side do you need?

I bought a new door for my 68 from AMD and was disappointed with the fit. The shape of the door (where the top of the door meets the top of the fender) is different from OEM... noticibly different. If there's any way you can source a solid original door, do it. I wish I had. Good luck amigo.

Auto Transport Service
Back