• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best tool you've ever had

This was the best I ever had. Skil cordless driver. My daughter bought it for me years ago at Walmart for Christmas and I used the crap out of it. Then it eventually died. I sure missed it when I went to install the new power brake booster in the Roadrunner.

Skil_PowerWrench.jpg

My most reliable is a 20 year old Craftsman angle grinder. Have not replaced a thing and it is well abused, runs like a top and still feels tight.

Best tool I ever had?? Ain't no such thing! Well, there have been a few that were total junk only because someone thought I could use some pos that just didn't work for anything but imo, ALL of my tools are the best! The one that makes me feel the best....well, not going there :D

Up here in the rust belt. My oxy/acetylene outfit.

I oftenwonder what mechanics do in there spare time in the non rust belts where you don't have to waste three hours taking out one bolt. Watch tv? Drink beer?

Fluke T-1000 multi-tester... how many times have I heard "yeah power's off" only to find things were wired wrong or mislabeled, and still hot...yes I use it on cars too!

Sheet rock screws are another useful multi purpose item. You can use them for everything.

Screenshot_20171017-053257.jpg

Hard to pick a single tool. I use dozens of hand/power tools everyday.
The one I find to be the most versatile is my Milwaukee impact driver

Auto Transport Service
Back