• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware of Plum Floored Creations

Redfastback

Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
I won't get to far into it, but do not place any orders with Plum Floored Creations. I made the mistake in Nov. 2010 and had to have my attorney get involved to finally get the most of the remaining 13k worth of stuff out of the 28k I paid up front. Still waiting for about $1800 in parts....no returned phone calls or emails

Find other vendors for new hemi swaps. There are much more legitimate ones.

PM me if you have any questions.

Normally I would pooh-pooh a post from a first time poster. But this is not the first time I heard about a bad experience with this company on this forum. Hmmmmm....

Saw this on FABO, sorry to hear that you got screwed.

i have dealt with them and i have only good things to say about them, so more details would be needed from both sides before someone is convicted....in this country we are considered innocent until proven guilty...i feel for you if you are frustrated, however, if there is a legit gripe i would like at least 2sides... i am not saying you are wrong, but slinging mud at someone is not a good way to solve a problem.... imho....

i have dealt with them and i have only good things to say about them, so more details would be needed from both sides before someone is convicted....in this country we are considered innocent until proven guilty...i feel for you if you are frustrated, however, if there is a legit gripe i would like at least 2sides... i am not saying you are wrong, but slinging mud at someone is not a good way to solve a problem.... imho....

What is your dealings with him? I an understand small transactions going well.

I wouldn't call it slinging mud. I paid 28k up front. After 3 months, i only received about 13k in products. I found out what vendors he used on a few things and called them and he had never even placed orders, some even said that PFC no longer has an account with them. He would not return phone calls or emails, I then contacted my attorney. I got more items, but still am out about $1800. Again, he now won't return emails or phone calls.
You should've seen how he packed a 10k engine. I think a ten year old could've packed it better. I refused the shipment.

They're really good,took a 318 out of a Superbird.

SuperBird Gets New 3rd Gen 5.7L HEMI
We removed the tired 318 from this old bird and installed a new 5.7L Hemi with custom intake manifold and air cleaner assembly to keep that vintage look but modern reliability and performance.
This Superbird also received Willwood disc brakes up front!

I saw that too on his site, a Superbird with a 318?

I hope PFC can get this right for you!

Last edited:
We have helped many customers around the World since 2005 successfully complete their HEMI conversions, that being said, we are not without fault, and Redfast back, did encounter issues that are not typical and are being resolved as to never have a repeat of them. We are a Christian company, and never have had any intent to harm, or swindle the customer. We provide FREE technical assistance to individuals daily that are looking to do these swaps, we are always eager to help even if they are using parts from other suppliers.
I would like to address Redfast Back. We have had many issues both with receiving parts from suppliers, and also dropping the ball on getting parts to you. This order got completely out of hand and you should have never of encountered the issues that you did. We failed you completely as a company. I have been separated from the day to day operations for about three weeks, (back full time now) and thought this was a closed issue. I have since identified a few items that you are missing and you WILL have this RESOLVED this week. We did not have any missed calls, or phone messages from you, and the last email we received in July, a reply was sent back via Blackberry that same day. That being said, these final parts ordered should have been filled.
As for the Superbird, yes ALL factory Superbirds originally came equipped with a 440 or 426 Hemi. This particular example was a Clone, that when it was purchased by the current owner had a 318 under the hood. (Even thought the VIN was a 383 Road Runner)
Steve ,I personally, and on behalf of the Plum Floored Creations apologize for this, and believe that by Friday of this week, you can post that you did receive what you paid for, and were not "screwed". We regret the difficulties that were encountered in filling this order, and should have handled them better with you. We believe the issues that you have encountered have been solved by changing personnel, changing suppliers, and changing policies. Any phone calls will be responded to within 48 hours of during normal business operations. Also Steve, you will receive another email with the RMA number for Wilwood, and you expected ship dates (this week on remaining parts) etc.
Also, we would have responded to this thread sooner, but this was just brought to our attention by a customer. If you need to contact us, please contact using the below information as we do not often check PM.
Sincerely,
Plum Floored Creations
(623) 986-5000
[email protected]
www.plumfloored.com

At least PFC had the stones to come out in this forum and present their side-that in itself took a lot of guts.Not taking sides since I don't know /don't need to know all the details from BOTH sides, just noting it is unusual for an enthusiast business to respond like this.

I FINALLY ended up getting all my stuff, yet the principal behind it all is what is most important. If I had never contacted my attorney, would I have received most of my items? Had I not posted this thread would I have received the last bit of items due to me?
If any of you were in my shoes, I had a customer to answer to. What did I spend all his money on?? Where is it? Why is it taking so long? I have accounts all over and this is the worst transaction I have ever encounterd in my 9 years in business.
So yes, it is finally resolved, yet the questions remain.....Why did a 28k transaction fall thru the cracks(supposedly)? Am I the only one who has encountered this?
I have been a member of FABO for years, and quite a few members over there are over here, so I feel I do have a bit of credibility.
Anyway, the moral is choose your vendors wisely...do some research first.

I FINALLY ended up getting all my stuff, yet the principal behind it all is what is most important. If I had never contacted my attorney, would I have received most of my items? Had I not posted this thread would I have received the last bit of items due to me?
If any of you were in my shoes, I had a customer to answer to. What did I spend all his money on?? Where is it? Why is it taking so long? I have accounts all over and this is the worst transaction I have ever encounterd in my 9 years in business.
So yes, it is finally resolved, yet the questions remain.....Why did a 28k transaction fall thru the cracks(supposedly)? Am I the only one who has encountered this?
I have been a member of FABO for years, and quite a few members over there are over here, so I feel I do have a bit of credibility.
Anyway, the moral is choose your vendors wisely...do some research first.

First time poster, but not new to the platform. While my post may not hold weight because I am a new, I am certainly not new to some of the things that this company has pulled thru the years.

There are plenty of other situations out there with PlumFloored that people are not aware of. I bet that cash was used to go on the MoVenture Rally. He was soliciting hard for votes from other sites he is on.

The fact remains that anyone that asks you to pay up front beware. Pay for it when its finished. If a guy can't carry his work in process he has no business being in business in the first place. When I pay a contractor for work I pay him 1/3 to start and the balance upon completion, or maybe a small draw somewhere half way thru.

The guy only had the stones to come on here, because he was caught in lies, and sugar coated it by claiming to be a good guy, because "we are a christian" based company. As someone else said WTF does that have to do with your poor business decisions and spending the mans money and not even ordering his parts THAT HE PAID YOU FOR TO GET. Maybe stop soliciting do go on the MoVenture (that you went on) and get your work done that you were contracted for.

To the OP I am glad you finally got is taken care of, but damn to go thru the hoops and possible spend additional cash on an attorney is just pouring salt in the wounds. Best of luck to you.

Glad to have this resolved, as for the MoVenture comment, We were selected by Mopar and the Race was at no cost. Our faith is important to us, and we have admitted to making mistakes, we all do. We have been working hard to insure nothing like this happens again

I personally agree with WHIPLASH altho i never pay anything up front, when in busness you should have the funds available to perform the work contracted for, if it's parts ordering type of thing then most places require 1/2 down or full payment prior to ordering [so they don't get left holding the bag] i personally order my own stuff never go thru a middle man too many hands in the soup tend to spoil it.As for being a christian company i have learned from past dealings that christians can screw you just like any one else makes no differance so i don't take that into account. I'm glad to see this resolved and i'm sure the attorney and thread here had a lot to do with this resolution. I only deal with my local vendors as much as possible any new vendor i deal with is thoughly checked out prior to any dealings, money is too hard to come by in this economy can't afford to loose it to some crook.

Glad to have this resolved, as for the MoVenture comment, We were selected by Mopar and the Race was at no cost. Our faith is important to us, and we have admitted to making mistakes, we all do. We have been working hard to insure nothing like this happens again

I am sure there were plenty of out of pocket expenses. The MoVenture was a vote that you solicited for. Seems you have a trail of not wanting to return phone calls and the same excuses apply all the time. Just saying....

Well if the last statement is true the than you will be sure not to take any funds up front for what you do now in the furture correct? You are right mistakes happen all the time, but almost a year mistake and to not order the mans parts to boot???? :eek:

Relevant info

I'm finally going to post about this because a lot is going around about PlumFloored and the title of this post is eye-catching to say the least. I've been a customer for almost two years. That's because I signed a contract with Ben in Feb 2010 to build a pro street 69 Charger. Supposed to be delivered Sema 2010, still waiting, I paid it up in first 6 months. Snail's pace but its slowly getting done.

Here's my take: I don't believe that Ben is dishonest. But there is a problem that he acknowledges with communication because he says he isn't able to hire anyone to handle customer service. I've been real unsatisfied at times with the communication, and lack of integrity, as in doing what you say you're going to do, when you say you're going to do it and man up. At the same time, I've talked to other customers, some with issues, I didn't see any of those that were unresolved one way or the other. Setting expectations correctly and consistent follow-up would be a welcome start. Obviously I don't know everything but I've gotten to know Ben well over the past two years.

Recap: In my opinion, Ben needs to get it together and tighten up his game, but I believe he's an honest guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back