• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEWARE: Kim Passion For Mopars

moparnation74

Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Word to the wise to anyone thinking of getting a motor restored by this individual.....

On 3/12/16 I sent my original motor to Kim for restoration of that motor. On 8/27/16 the motor was shipped back to me. Meanwhile this was after countless emails, phone calls, long wasted babbling conversations, excuses. Got the motor looked good(at least what I initially thought) and packed it away.

Time goes by and I had some dealing with an Ex partner of hers and that deal went South! That prick Jerry Schmidt, Concours Creations damaged my parts, some beyond repair and I had to pay hefty to get those parts back. Subsequently, those parts had to be sent to another place for what they should have got done in the first place.

Then it got me thinking about these two and especially her.....So I decided to take the motor apart...

The internals had glass beads throughout. The end cap was painted not plated and had a gap at the end, so it was not fitted back up properly. A little lacquer thinner wiped the paint off. The main casing which is cast was painted as well and a little thinner wiped it off also...

345.00 plus shipping down the tubes for the restoration of my original motor.....

Guys BEWARE!
IMG_4856.JPG
IMG_4857.JPG
IMG_4858.JPG
IMG_4859 (1).JPG
IMG_4862.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG

Last edited:
Damn that sucks Justin. thank you for the heads up!!
thanks moparnation i was going to send mine to be redone,no way i waste my money with her.anyone else out there that does quality work and timely return?

Quality work is always hard to find, unless you know the source first hand, or by a reliable contact. If anyone needs wiper, heater, or headlight motor work performed, I have a source to do this that I will personally recommend, and vouch for. He is located just NW of Charlotte, NC. Contact me here, and I will forward you the INFO.

Thanks Nation! Hate to hear you got scammed.
Good publicity can be bought but bad pub is priceless, hit them where it hurts!

Justin... I went through the same thing with her and got the same sob stories about a year ago. Yes life does get in the way but this is her job. You, I and many another's are paying a premium price to have our parts refurbished to look like it just came from the factory.
Mine ended up painted as well. I guess I should take it apart now to see if I need to clean it out.

Unfortunately people and the things they do like this are the Crappy part of this hobby.

I had a similar experience with long wait time & excuses. I have not run mine yet but now I think I'll pull it back off and take a closer look at it.

Justin... I went through the same thing with her and got the same sob stories about a year ago. Yes life does get in the way but this is her job. You, I and many another's are paying a premium price to have our parts refurbished to look like it just came from the factory.
Mine ended up painted as well. I guess I should take it apart now to see if I need to clean it out.
Jason,

I highly suggest it and post your findings in this thread. In the end I will have an $800 wiper motor....

Straight from her website:

{{{I often get asked if I can restore a car owner's original wiper motor...yes I can and I do offer the service.
I consider the restoration of someone's original wiper motor a "Special Order" and request a 5-8 week lead time to complete the restoration. The longer lead time provides me with time to disassemble the wiper motor, prep all parts, prep the parts that require plating for plating, bin all parts to wait for the return of the plated components, and build on return. Sometimes the plating doesn't suit my standards, thus the longer lead time, it gives me time to turn the motor around for reprep and replating.
As with all my products, if I wouldn't put it on my car, I don't expect you to put it on yours. }}}}

Also, these internal issues could short the motor out or your harness...The connections inside were just as bad,,,,

Mine took about 6 months last year. First some sob story about being sick, then it supposedly got lost by UPS. Then miraculously turned up, had to be "touched up" then resent. I had more calls, messages & emails go unanswered than were ever returned. I would never recommend her to anyone.

Mine took about 6 months last year. First some sob story about being sick, then it supposedly got lost by UPS. Then miraculously turned up, had to be "touched up" then resent. I had more calls, messages & emails go unanswered than were ever returned. I would never recommend her to anyone.

I used Bill Meerholz, BMC Cuda, very happy, quality restoration, my $.02 worth

Justin... I did have mine hooked up. It did run but not at a constant speed. I thought perhaps it was the switch. When the switch was in the off position, you could almost here something that sounded like some gurgling. So I have it installed still but have it unplugged. It'll be a while before I get in there to pull it apart but I'll let ya know what I find when I do.

I'm so glad I'm not in that portion of the hobby. I like my racecars, the way I like them.

I almost sent mine down to fl for her to work on then I called first. Got her on the phone and couldn't get off. She babbles your ear off. I kept thinking - doesn't she have work to do. Long story short - I never sent in my motor and glad after hearing all these stories. Money and headache saved.

Copied from post #18..... "I am Kim's mother and she does not take care of me - I do not have dementia or Parkinsons - I have not seen Kim in several years - I sued her a few years ago for money she stole from me - the court awarded me $10,919 but Kim has not paid. She lies and steals so be very careful if you do business with her."

Would need to do some research to find out if this was in fact her mother but I think there's enough negative response from others to not use this person for any work!

Auto Transport Service
Back