• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big shot ebayer out there

welder47

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
I was going to buy bumpers for a 69 roadrunner from columbia parts on ebay. But of course when I asked beforehand if they would open the boxes to inspect for damages, dents and scratches, they clearly stated no, way to busy for that. Guess spending 750.00 doesnt get you any service at all, customers are just a number. Had a previous bad deal with Vance and Hines on a bike pipe that was dented, of course the customer always does it after they get the parts, not the supplier or shipper. I was refered to go buy my stuff elsewhere by columbia, apparently Im a problem customer.

Bumper parts

I was going to buy bumpers for a 69 roadrunner from columbia parts on ebay. But of course when I asked beforehand if they would open the boxes to inspect for damages, dents and scratches, they clearly stated no, way to busy for that. Guess spending 750.00 doesnt get you any service at all, customers are just a number. Had a previous bad deal with Vance and Hines on a bike pipe that was dented, of course the customer always does it after they get the parts, not the supplier or shipper. I was refered to go buy my stuff elsewhere by columbia, apparently Im a problem customer.
try going to Tri City Plating family owned and excellent work. Located in Tenesse the owners name is Perot and you will get an excellent job for 750.00 for 2 bumpers.

Not sure where you are in WI,but Browns in Two Rivers is a AMD dealer and shows the bumpers in there catalog.Just need to make sure and call ahead as they dont always have everything in stock.

I see in the Mopar parts books they are repoping the bumpers both front and rear. These might be worth looking into..not sure of price.
AL

Gettin mine from 521 restoration when I am ready. Jeff is a great guy,great prices,best customer service i have literally ever had,and he has no prob inspecting parts for his customers.And he's a fellow mopar nut! Has a few himself that he is restoring so he knows his **** about amd and most fitting issues u will run into!

Gettin mine from 521 restoration when I am ready. Jeff is a great guy,great prices,best customer service i have literally ever had,and he has no prob inspecting parts for his customers.And he's a fellow mopar nut! Has a few himself that he is restoring so he knows his **** about amd and most fitting issues u will run into!

Ditto, I did the same......Jeff is great to deal with, his price was the best, my 69' bumpers were dropped shipped right from AMD and you have the right to open the boxes and inspect before you sign the Fed Ex/UPS received by.
If there is any problems, simply don't sign-reject the parts and AMD will send you off a new set.

Good Luck

I'm bringing this was back up top to relay my experience with this outfit yesterday. I was watching two of his listings on ePain the other day, and the ad stated to call if I had q's about other shipping option, which I did, as the ads stated UPS Ground and I didn't want to wait that long.

I call up the guy yesterday and ask if I can get USPS priority shipping, instead, and he says yes, and asks me when I need the part (lock set). I say I'd like to get them by this weekend, and he says "I'm not processing ePain again until Wednesday" and asks me if I'd like to pay with a CC over the phone". I said I'm not commmmfortable giving that info out over the phone to a guy I don't know, and would prefer to perform the transaction over ePain. He says "you should then go elsewhere". I said yep, I'll go somewhere else. I then looked at his two ads for the same part, and guess what (?), he ended them both early so I couldn't buy them through ePain! I know he had them in stock as he said so over the phone. What a complete douche!!!.

repop stuff.....

I see in the Mopar parts books they are repoping the bumpers both front and rear. These might be worth looking into..

Does anyone know where these repop parts are manufactured...? China.... Mexico....?

I don't know y'all feel but to me restoration means finding and restoring original parts where ever possible. The 1-800... WWW... Chinese Road Runners seem to be everywhere these days.

I still try to support American made parts and services.... Theres a lot of gratification in finding...straightening and replating an original bumper.

Although I applaude the repop guys for making impossible to find stuff avaliable again I will at least make the attempt to restore rather then just replace.

JMHO.......Will.

I'd agree, but in some cases, like rubber items, you have to go with repop's.

Like you, I opted to have my bumpers replated, than replaced....supports a local business in the process and his quality is some of the best I've ever seen.

Some repop's like the wiring harnesses sold through Year One, are made here and the quality is spot on!!

I see in the Mopar parts books they are repoping the bumpers both front and rear. These might be worth looking into..

Does anyone know where these repop parts are manufactured...? China.... Mexico....?

I don't know y'all feel but to me restoration means finding and restoring original parts where ever possible. The 1-800... WWW... Chinese Road Runners seem to be everywhere these days.

I still try to support American made parts and services.... Theres a lot of gratification in finding...straightening and replating an original bumper.

Although I applaude the repop guys for making impossible to find stuff avaliable again I will at least make the attempt to restore rather then just replace.

JMHO.......Will.

Auto Transport Service
Back