• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blackbird's 73 Roadrunner Clone...

Money has been an issue with the progress. I have a serious buyer that might buy the car I am selling to fund this project wish me luck because If I get what I am asking I will be able to get some primo parts for the car.

After the long wait for funds I have started on the front end rebuild.

Disassembled the suspension and lowered the k-member for the poly body mounts.

IMG_0401.jpgIMG_0402.jpgIMG_0403.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 311
The ball is rolling...got my rotors turned, replaced the lower balljoints and painted the arms...pulling the pivot shafts out with A-body tools was a hoot...got it done though. The Parts are starting to pile up. my dual exhaust system from Jegs came in and Rock Auto parts are streaming in every day!

IMG_0404[1].jpgIMG_0405[1].jpg

When you installed the new poly l-frame mounts did you keep the shims on the rear k-frame mounts? Assuming your car did have shims on one or both sides originally?

When you installed the new poly l-frame mounts did you keep the shims on the rear k-frame mounts? Assuming your car did have shims on one or both sides originally?

They make good frisbees. The new frame mounts came with the necessary washers. Chuck them old washers. :) I leveled the car and checked the level on the k-member no shimming necessary.

Starting to look like new in the fender wells :)

IMG_0406[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

All the parts have come in let the CHaOs begin!!!! :star_wars2:

So how long did it take you to do the rebuild?

Took about 4 days once the parts all came in. We have the fenders off to finish the metal work should have them primed by Wednesday. I had some rust issues around the windshield so I have taken care of that before the good glass goes on.

Last edited:
Got some good progress done today forgot to take pics..but I repaired the rust damage around the windshield put the fenders back on after adjusting the doors and getting the door latch on the passenger door to work again. waiting for the OSPHO to dry so that I can prine and put the upper and lower valance panels on.

Progressing pretty good!!!! When are you gonna post pic of that blue RR I keep seeing teasers of it in the background! LOL

headlights, lower valance, bumper, and windshield happened today....and more Blue Roadrunner teasers. The grill and headlight bezels are just on to see the big picture....Loving it

IMG_0414[1].jpg

I wire wheeled some Hedman headers and Osho'd them today for his build. There was a an ordeal with flywheel bolts, but we are just about past that.

His flywheel, clutch, bell housing, & dust shield are installed on the motor.

Engine goes in tomorrow. all the pieces fit and a lot of money has been spent. One last hurdle to overcome is that the 833 that we are using is a short shaft unit. the torsion bar cross-member is going to interfere so a custom reverse shaft will need to be made and we are using a relocating bracket for the shifter. I have been needing the engine and trans in place so that the manual hump, the zbar bracket and center console can be placed correctly.

Z bar bracket was easier than I thought to place. it has a noitch that keys into the frame. you cant mess that up and is easier to do witthe the engine out. Headers are drying hanging int the trees and the engine is ready to install as soon as I pop the center link free and get the driver side header in there. :)

IMG_0415[1].jpgIMG_0416[1].jpgIMG_0417[1].jpg

I failed to see that a stud was broken off on one of the heads. I now have to remove the head to drill and tap the stud...SMFH

Auto Transport Service
Back