• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bloomington Craigslist - jerk wad

fanucme

Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
I have a 73 Charger that I just got past fall and it needs a bunch of help to make it cool. I saw recurring ad on Craigslist Bloomington Indiana for lots of Charger and Roadrunner parts, a front bumper from a 71 and rear brackets from the same , and I drove 2 hours to get the stuff and though the chrome is not as super nice and the rear brackets are a different set , not the blasted and painted as listed , I bought the stuff for a few bucks less, decent deal.

I talk to him again and he's got a running 400 engine to replace my mouse infested junk , and he says he's got an 8 3/4 , Cool , Im on my way cash in hand. The 8 3/4 is a C body unit that's a little wider with a 741 pegleg 2 series gear , not the 3.23 B unit it was supposed to be , no thanks i'll pass :angry9: , but I buy the engine and a set of headers, trading a few parts to get the price down to 400$ , get it home and pull the pan , sludge city , pulled a few rod caps and the bearings look good , but still I'm a little miffed at that.

YESTERDAY , I go back up there , partly because I had a set of passenger seat tracks for a set he needed that I offered to be cool , and for the new 8 3/4 ISO suspension type he pulled from a 73 satellite, (a perfect bolt in deal) 300$. I leave work early , drive 2 hours up there and he's got the rearend on the hoist ready to load into my truck , I check it out and the spring perches have oval shaped jagged torched center holes (not the correct rearend!) to accept the ISO stuff and he's playing "Aw man i didn't even notice that" I was cool and we got out the tape measure and he's saying he had it next to his 71 'runner laying on the ground over here and it's the same , we measure and I have to teach him about using a square , the rear he's trying to sell is 1.5 shorter than the 63" drum to drum I need. :angryfire: I'LL PASS AGAIN

So I start looking around to not waste my trip and he's got 8 3/4 centers's and sure grips but wont part with them and a bulge hood that was used for a bobsled he's real proud of and so I grab a driver side exterior louver for mt 73SE and tell him Im taking it for delivering his seat tracks and he's shocked and says ok. He was waiting for me to go so he can go pick up some other parts he's trying to gather for the swap in Indy this weekend. I was so pissed but I was cool about it and drove home. :angel7:

The more I thought about it the angrier I got , I already bought stuff from the guy and he's going to break it off in me after I drive all that way ? I'm done with Casey :icon_fU: from Bloomington Indiana , I hope he's got to drag everything he brings to Indy back to his home in the sticks.

Why would someone be such an *** ? I know buyer beware and all but I talked to this guy about it being a 73 ISO rear and how I NEED it to fit perfect. He's got other Mopars and no excuse to be so DUH ? what a jagoff !

I don't know. I'm sittin here thinkin anybody drives up there three times in a row kinda gets what he asks for.

Ha Ha , I guess so ! But in all fairness the first time was not a bad deal , he took $20 bucks off since the bumper brackets weren't painted , I was fine with that.

It's not so much the drive but the point of saying what you have when you know it's not what you say it is !

Rusty , when you sell stuff don't you represent it as what it really is and no B.S. ? of course you do

that's like the guy who sold the general lee wheels here without checking the bolt pattern , sellers with no integrity suck

Well you didn't come away completely empty handed. ....and in his defense, I have met some otherwise very knowledgeable people that didn't know some specifics about Mopars. He simply may not have known what he had. It is possible. Hope what all you did get works out.

I guess some people like to jerk around. Maybe he was thinking that if he tells you he has your part you need, and knowing it won't work, he can still get you to buy something so you don't think it was a wasted trip and still make him look good.

I hear you guys , this guy is a swap meet trader , hes's got 3 garages full of B body stuff , a 71 Demon a new challenger and a 71 Runner ,

Runnerman I think you hit the nail on the head

The last rearend was total crap , the torched holes in the perches looked like alligator bites and the brakes were soaked in gear oil

Yes, I did come away with decent stuff I will use , but I do want to expose this guy for you all to see in case you decide to deal with him

Propwash , I have to LOL at that , keep thinking about that quote and how it got mixed up

You have a valuable resource, you just dont know quite how to handle it. Go up there knowing the part isnt quite what it is and armed with serious counter offers. But dont demand less $, work combo deals for that good stuff he hoards.

Fanuceme I get what your saying about the guy lying,or just doesn't really know what he has or anything about what he has, it's not all that uncommon really & I say play/use the guy for everything you need & parts you can, get what ever you can, for as cheap as you can, especially if they aren't quality prime parts, he's not all that knowledgeable, it sounds like, he could be a great parts source for you in the future, don't be too quick to burn any bridges, even if he's an a--hole liar {I really hate them types} & A-Typicle swap-meet whore/hoarder, sounds like you came home with parts you needed each time, seem he worked with you on prices too... It can't have been all bad, even if he is a douchebag... Get the guy to send detailed photos & detailed descriptions of stuff, before you make the long drive next time... food for thought anyway

Auto Transport Service
Back