• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue dot taillamps? 68 Charger?

Not really period correct for a muscle car, but you do you…

I'll bet you could install those and go to ten Mopar shows and MAYBE one purist asshole would notice and comment on them !! Seriously, how many people walk down a row of Chargers checking out taillights of all things !!

I just can't believe how sideways this went .
I am 52 years old and always liked the look of Blue dots.
My dad is 74 and cold.give a rats *** the cost of replacing the tail lamps .
The cool factor is what we want and guys honestly chargers are hotrods to me .
Just Mopar hotrods .
I thought others may have done it because it seam like it would.work perfect in the round 68 tail lamp lense.
Also if anybody ever restored there own car know exactly what it costs and. 200 dollar set of tail lamps is a drop in the bucket. 200 doesn't even phaze me these days with cost of everything now adays .

I’m with ya! 71 years old … building the 69 RR I’ve owned for 50 years the way I want. Your biggest mistake is asking for opinions on this site!

I here you I did not ask for opinions I asked who has done it .

OIP.jpeg

I just can't believe how sideways this went .
I am 52 years old and always liked the look of Blue dots.
My dad is 74 and cold.give a rats *** the cost of replacing the tail lamps .
The cool factor is what we want and guys honestly chargers are hotrods to me .
Just Mopar hotrods .
I thought others may have done it because it seam like it would.work perfect in the round 68 tail lamp lense.
Also if anybody ever restored there own car know exactly what it costs and. 200 dollar set of tail lamps is a drop in the bucket. 200 doesn't even phaze me these days with cost of everything now adays .

don't be discouraged, there are plenty of day 2 hotrodders in here......gimme headers, wheels, aluminum intake, a Cal Custom foot gas pedal and I'm good!

post up some pics after the mod :)

Never ran em on any of my cars but I did on my Harleys. My suggestion is to get the real glass ones not the cheap plastic ones. The glass deflects/reflects, (not sure of the correct definition) where as the plastic not so good if at all. I always thought they looked cool. Go for it.
Just my thoughts.
Merry Christmas.

don't be discouraged, there are plenty of day 2 hotrodders in here......gimme headers, wheels, aluminum intake, a Cal Custom foot gas pedal and I'm good!

post up some pics after the mod :)
Don't forget the 8-ball shifter handle! (Any musclecar I own will have one...80s stoner throwback thing..)

I like the OP's idea because it's a subtle mod that you don't see on every 60s musclecar...that's the spirit of hot rodd'n....I mean Jeez it's not like he's putting an LS in or anything!
I haven't done the blue dots on a 60s Mopar but I would agree with the above poster that recommended using glass ones. A buddy used the cheaper plastic ones on his '29 coupe and they sucked.

Well, welcome to the internet LOL...!

Don't forget the 8-ball shifter handle! (Any musclecar I own will have one...80s stoner throwback thing..)

I like the OP's idea because it's a subtle mod that you don't see on every 60s musclecar...that's the spirit of hot rodd'n....I mean Jeez it's not like he's putting an LS in or anything!
I haven't done the blue dots on a 60s Mopar but I would agree with the above poster that recommended using glass ones. A buddy used the cheaper plastic ones on his '29 coupe and they sucked.

Well, welcome to the internet LOL...!

first Mopar I ever drove in was a RR with an 8 ball shifter! :thumbsup:

my GTX had a big *** Harley Davidson sticker across the bottom third of the rear window . I thought it was cool, I was into bikes, I left it there

I’ve never done it, when you do, post some pictures of them off and lit up.

Yes I plan on working on it over the Christmas break I think I will work good
And almost look stock to untrained eye
Because the charger tail lamp.is the same design.

IMG_20231203_083920_01.jpg

Has anyone added Bile dots to 68 Charger tail lamps my Dad has 68 charger I want to do this to him for his Christmas Gift.
What /who's dots did you use?
Les see some awesome pics
WHAT ARE BLUE DOTS??? and what do they accomplish?? Is it just a superficial thing?? And why do you want them?....sort of tacky looking.....sort of what kind of air is in the tires......
BOB RENTON

Well if you have never seen them at night the you need to .
Boulevard stop light cruisers
they illuminated like a bright purple when brake light comes on .
Very unique.
I guess I am a different breed then
most on this sight.
I would only do it to a car that has round tail lamps because

It doesn't looked that good when not night.
Round they're not that terrible.
WHAT ARE BLUE DOTS??? and what do they accomplish?? Is it just a superficial thing?? And why do you want them?....sort of tacky looking.....sort of what kind of air is in the tires......
BOB RENTON

Well if you have never seen them at night the you need to .
Boulevard stop light cruisers
they illuminated like a bright purple when brake light comes on .
Very unique.
I guess I am a different breed then
most on this sight.
I would only do it to a car that has round tail lamps because

It doesn't looked that good when not night.
Round they're not that terrible.
Well maybe, like me, these ol' boys don't drive much at night. And I agree it doesn't look good on anything other than a round taillight.

I'm 60+ years old and never heard of these until your post.

I like it.

Listen up...
YOU don't get to dictate how people will respond. If you ask about something that the majority of members are in favor of, you'll get a flood of positive responses.
That clearly wasn't the case here.
The 68 Charger is seen as royalty to some and to stray from the original design features, it will bring out some opinions whether you asked for them or not.
I agree with the others...the blue dots are fine on the fat fendered cars from the 50s and before but look weird for the 60s models.
Have you seen mud flaps or curb feelers on a new Challenger? No, you haven't.
How about a hood visor or side pipes on a new Mustang? No again.
Those were popular for the cars up to the early 70s but fell out of favor for newer stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back