• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue dot taillamps? 68 Charger?

cj's mopar

Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone added Bile dots to 68 Charger tail lamps my Dad has 68 charger I want to do this to him for his Christmas Gift.
What /who's dots did you use?
Les see some awesome pics

I know the cops are pretty lax on most laws like window tint, etc. but just FYI "blue dots" are illegal just about everywhere (I love 'em too!) How easy are new taillamps to find if you get stopped and they push the issue?

I used to like them back in the day. However, no way I would ruin a pair of 68 Charger tail lights to do them these days.

I used to like them back in the day. However, no way I would ruin a pair of 68 Charger tail lights to do them these days.
Gotta agree... Blue dots are cool, but if someone added blue dots to my 68 Charger I'd be pissed... You don't improve on perfection....

Guys I see them on hotrods all the time here where I live .
The tail lights are just tail lights a dime a dozen and really just a driver car so not that big a deal to me .
I just was just looking for some input on the best way to do it .

I'd have to agree with others that they are mostly illegal now everywhere. I recall up here that my Collector/Vintage Vehicle plate application specifically mentions them as a reason for denying an application.

I also agree that I have seen them on the occasional "hot rod" (pre-60's) but it's far more rare these days. Like bell-bottoms, they really were a one hit wonder that fizzled out and gets unnecessary attention from the police now.

Hopefully if you do hack up those expensive tail lights for a surprise Xmas gift, the recipient really wants them. I know if I found them in my car... :elmer:

Back in the late '80's I put a set in my Rampage taillights. I think they look cool in anything - of course its the "color" they produce, not the fact that they're "blue dots". I even have a set I was going to put in a spare set of taillights I had for my 69 RR ... but alas I was offered a price I couldn't refused and sold them - the taillights, not the blue dots!

As for "where to buy" I think they're still sold by Mr. Gasket. And maybe you want to check out Speedway Motors.

Not for me now, didn't care for them then either, definitely NOT on a Charger. I am with #9.

Ha you guys are hilarious.
I when I do it I will take pictures.
The car is a driver I built the car for my dad and it's bad *** car about to be even more bad ***.
Here's a picture.
Blue lights at night I thinks will be awesome.

IMG_20230719_173744.jpg

Blue dots were a '50s thing not later on. It's like pin striping. It looks good on the 50s cars but not on the late 60s or '70s. Full Moon wheel covers on your Road Runner? :rolleyes:

Pinstripes done properly suit anything !!

I'm not talking about a double strip down the upper body. I'm talking period correct striping. Would you have this style painted on your '68 or newer Chrysler product?
IMG_20210816_131948_236.jpg

IMG_0252-e1581345747609-2800x1200.jpg

If you would you might as well get a couple of these too.
042010_1730_timeoutdoll1.jpg

It looks like when "Blago" was governor in Illinois he signed a bill legalizing blue dots up to 1" in diameter.
Go figure.

Wow I did even know that .
Not that it was going to deter my decision.
but good to know it legal .

you guys have offered nothing of what the man asked for :poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back