• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue dot taillamps? 68 Charger?

IMG_4560.gif

Yes I see your point , I was not trying to upset anybody.
I simply asked a question.
And immediately was scorned.
Our Hobby needs to live on in the true spirit of Hot Rod .
The 68Chargers will out live most of us .
And will keep getting modified.
I don't tink anyone would complain if I said I was going to slap a 426 into my
Dad's 68 for Christmas.
But blue dots omg. Lol

Listen up...
YOU don't get to dictate how people will respond. If you ask about something that the majority of members are in favor of, you'll get a flood of positive responses.
That clearly wasn't the case here.
The 68 Charger is seen as royalty to some and to stray from the original design features, it will bring out some opinions whether you asked for them or not.
I agree with the others...the blue dots are fine on the fat fendered cars from the 50s and before but look weird for the 60s models.
Have you seen mud flaps or curb feelers on a new Challenger? No, you haven't.
How about a hood visor or side pipes on a new Mustang? No again.
Those were popular for the cars up to the early 70s but fell out of favor for newer stuff.
2008-2023 Dodge Challenger Mud Flaps| AmericanMuscle

:)

I guess the big fuzzy dice along with the purple passion lights are a No No as well ??

Your dad's Charger won't be complete without a hula dancer on the dash, maybe some dingle balls around the headliner edges, and an old Ahooga horn. Seriously, I have not done what you are planning & don't really care what people might say about your pop's car. As others have said, do what makes you happy.

Auto Transport Service
Back