• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Lutz: “Buy a Tesla Model S while they’re still available”

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Bob Lutz, the outspoken retired United States Naval Aviator and former General Motors, BMW, and Chrysler executive, was on the panel of Hagerty’s Why Driving MattersTown Hall in Scottsdale, Arizona, last week. Lutz had plenty to say about Tesla, among other things.

Lutz, Wayne Carini of Discovery Channel’s Chasing Classic Cars, and Hagerty CEO McKeel Hagerty spoke about the future of driving as autonomous cars become mainstream. Lutz remains positive that automotive enthusiasts will still be able to enjoy cars, sees a future of motorsports parks for racing and off-roading, and doesn’t think gasoline will go away or even become too pricey. “For the foreseeable future, gasoline is going to remain right about where it is, which is where it has been historically,” he said.

In the final minutes of the talk, McKeel Hagerty brought up Tesla—and Lutz didn’t pull any punches. After praising Tesla’s cars as “pretty brilliant” and noting that the Model S is “one of the fastest, best-handling, best-braking sedans that you can buy in the world,” Lutz was critical of the company’s business model. “Poor Elon Musk doesn’t know how to run a business,” (listen to his direct quote at 1h5m23s) Lutz said, noting the rate in which the company is burning through cash and suggesting it can’t sustain itself. He offered the audience of collector car enthusiasts a tip: “May I suggest buying a Tesla Model S while they’re still available.”

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...comcast.net&utm_content=18_Jan_24_HagertyNews

They ought to give one to every one of us who pay federal income taxes every year - we're into Musk for over half a $Billion, after all.

Here is my approach with Bob, do the opposite of what he says....

No thanks...
Lutz; He's right about Musk & his spending habits & wasting
taxpayers & investors funds !!!

Without the Obama Era Liberal subsidies,
picking losers & poorly ran Eco {eco-Nazi} businesses
or so called "green projects' {more like our green $$$}
that mostly all are unsustainable, wasting taxpayer $$$
without keeping &/or getting more injections of capitol "Constantly"
"like the Liberal's approval & funding of Tesla & Musk's ventures"
he'd have never made it at all...

I do like the band Tesla, :blah:
I know & went to HS with the lead singer...

Last edited:
I don't like footing the bill for Tesla either. Musk doesn't walk on water.

Last edited:
The Tesla model S could be confused with every other sedan made since 2010. You would think they would have been more creative in the design features to set it apart from the crowd.

Auto Transport Service
Back