• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a new house...,,,

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
The wife’ old employer shut down the facility, Olam Tomato Processors and she worked there 17 years so she accepted a job at a Winery in Paso Robles. We looked for months to buy a house, damn shacks 1200sqft are 350-400k, so after looking at houses, the drive home we saw an advertisement for new semi custom homes in Shandon, yeah, it not even a 1 horse town. They do however had 2 schools, one goes to 8th grade and then the higher school 9-12.

They are maybe a mile from the house. Great teachers and student to teacher ratio is low, plus they have a GREAT program for my senior (he’s autistic). We love the help that they give him, great down to earth people.

Escrow took a total of 70 plus days, yeah, it cost me rent money instead of money for my investment. So it closed today and funded by 12 noon. We a trip over with the truck and my trailer, which was supposed to happen at 5ish. Wouldn’t ya know it, damn trailer lights wouldn’t work, called my buddy cause electrical isn’t my thing, so 2 hours later, turned out to be a side marker light housing wiring problem as it kept blowing fuses, so we bypassed that one everything worked as it should. There are 2 side marker lights on each side, luckily it was the passenger side so the highway patrol would only see the drivers all lit up.

Got home at 11:15pm, have to get up a 6 to head to Fresno to get the 26 footer cause there isn’t one available locally. I’ve got my dad and uncle coming over tomorrow the help out. Definitely a blessing as I would take all day by myself.

So I’m spilling out why I have turned people down to get their grille’s and related parts all dolled up. I have explained to in pm’s, but I just share with the forum that I’m doing anything for a bit, a month or so at the earliest.

Congratulations on your new home.

My grandpa would tell me stories about Tracy, Ca. with the tomato and sugar factories there.

Congrats! Moving is a pita as is closing. Hoping yall have found a forever home.
Hit me up when you're ready for some side work!!!

No one has had more fun until they buy a house in NYS. Takes 3-5 months to close on a house at times.......What a crock of **** it is here. My cousins in Texas said they can close on a house in weeks at times and can't believe what it takes in NYS.

Congrats! Our house closing took 2 1/2 weeks. During which our goods were in storage and us in a motel. Small towns are the way to go for sure. I pity anyone who has to live in , or near, a big city. When it comes right down to it, you don't really need any of the crap that you buy because you have the availability so near. Small town living lets you see that what really need, you already have.

Congratulations on your finding a good home and town. That whole area is nice. I interviewed for a job in Lompac 8 years ago, but declined the offer due to costs. Seems like you found a nice little area that is more affordable.

Man I've never had issues getting into or out of houses!
Bought my first too 2 days
Sold first too 3 days
Bought second same day I saw it I owned it! Sold grandpa's house (this took a week because the inspector found rot wood on chimney witch I had to fix (va loan)

Shandon! 46 at 41. Sure there is 1 horse there? My first job Conte Tomato cannery, Palm, Pa. loved it.

Congrats on the new domicile/less than 1 horse town :poke: home
hopefully, it has a decent shop/garage too

good luck

god I hate moving

The wife’ old employer shut down the facility, Olam Tomato Processors and she worked there 17 years so she accepted a job at a Winery in Paso Robles. We looked for months to buy a house, damn shacks 1200sqft are 350-400k, so after looking at houses, the drive home we saw an advertisement for new semi custom homes in Shandon, yeah, it not even a 1 horse town. They do however had 2 schools, one goes to 8th grade and then the higher school 9-12.

They are maybe a mile from the house. Great teachers and student to teacher ratio is low, plus they have a GREAT program for my senior (he’s autistic). We love the help that they give him, great down to earth people.

Escrow took a total of 70 plus days, yeah, it cost me rent money instead of money for my investment. So it closed today and funded by 12 noon. We a trip over with the truck and my trailer, which was supposed to happen at 5ish. Wouldn’t ya know it, damn trailer lights wouldn’t work, called my buddy cause electrical isn’t my thing, so 2 hours later, turned out to be a side marker light housing wiring problem as it kept blowing fuses, so we bypassed that one everything worked as it should. There are 2 side marker lights on each side, luckily it was the passenger side so the highway patrol would only see the drivers all lit up.

Got home at 11:15pm, have to get up a 6 to head to Fresno to get the 26 footer cause there isn’t one available locally. I’ve got my dad and uncle coming over tomorrow the help out. Definitely a blessing as I would take all day by myself.

So I’m spilling out why I have turned people down to get their grille’s and related parts all dolled up. I have explained to in pm’s, but I just share with the forum that I’m doing anything for a bit, a month or so at the earliest.
Moved from Tampa area to north central florida thirty miles south of Gainesville. Bought a house that's bigger, put down most of what I sold the other house for, and soon this house will be paid very soon. No regrets. Good luck in your new home

Auto Transport Service
Back