• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, poop.....

PeteyDaMan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
So, I'm driving through town to a buddies house in my 2015 RAM when I see police lights behind me. I assume they're going to another scene as I haven't been pulled over in 30 years and I can't think of a thing I was doing wrong. I pull onto a side street to get out of the way and dang it it all if they don't pull in behind me.

My brain is going a mile a minute as I try and think of what in the world could I have done wrong to warrant being pulled over. The officer comes up to me and tells me my inspection was expired. I look at the sticker and...DAMN IT! It expired at the end of February. I never noticed.

So I hand over my license and registration, have a short convo with the cop (any tickets - no, issues with the truck - no, a reason I didn't get it inspected- I never noticed it expired,etc). He asks me to hang tight while he checks my info. Normal stop

I figure he's just going to run my info to check for warrants, etc. but it's taking too long for that. After about 10 minutes he comes and and hands me back my paperwork along with a ticket for expired inspection. No warning, no consideration for being ticket free for over 30 years, no consideration for being a resident of the town. No consideration for being a volunteer fire fighter...NOTHING!

Granted, my inspection was expired, but barely. My truck is in immaculate shape.

I was polite up until he handed me the ticket then I was less than polite.

FYI, I have the utmost respect for the police but this was bull****

Respect earns respect and I wasn't getting any so I gave no more. I didn't curse, I didn't yell, but I did make it known I was unhappy.

ok, rant over

Last edited:
Money money money! That’s what it’s about , you unfortunately didn’t encounter a cop that took your fine record into consideration . I respect the police and support them but sometimes things don’t go well for us.

money has to come from somewhere....... police are a tax collection agency

proof: cop hides over the hill to trap speeders AFTER they create an unsafe situation; when he could easily park in plain site as a reminder to watch your speed........ "to protect and serve", my *** :up:

Money money money! That’s what it’s about , you unfortunately didn’t encounter a cop that took your fine record into consideration . I respect the police and support them but sometimes things don’t go well for us.
Road Pirates!!
Argh!!

proof: cop hides over the hill to trap speeders AFTER they create an unsafe situation; when he could easily park in plain site as a reminder to watch your speed........ "to protect and serve" my *** :up:
Right on the money. I got a speeding ticket one day, flat open spot on the road, next day a guy passed me up a hill in an obvious no passing zone, same cop sitting right there, I even honked to make sure he saw it. Must have been nap time

Makes me love Ontario even more, My Bee hasn't been safetied since it went out of Mom's name into mine in 1986 !

Having cops in the family, they get pressured to write more tickets – when they’re not writing enough. And if their next higher rank (boss) isn’t telling them to do it, then their boss gets on their ***. When I see a lot more people being pulled over around my area than usual, figure yep, their sarge mentioned it in the roll call meeting.

Same just happened to me. A cop waves me on at a road block and another yelled at me. I stopped and the cop gave me a 4 point ticket. I also have a clean license. I asked for the other cops name and badge number. Officer said take the 4 point class and he would drop the ticket. 8 hour class last Saturday and he kept his word. It still cost me $100 for the class and 8 hours of my time..

proof: cop hides over the hill to trap speeders AFTER they create an unsafe situation; when he could easily park in plain site as a reminder to watch your speed........ "to protect and serve", my *** :up:
how do I give this both thumbs up?

Same just happened to me. A cop waves me on at a road block and another yelled at me. I stopped and the cop gave me a 4 point ticket. I also have a clean license. I asked for the other cops name and badge number. Officer said take the 4 point class and he would drop the ticket. 8 hour class last Saturday and he kept his word. It still cost me $100 for the class and 8 hours of my time..
Bend there done that....and it sucks!!

So, I'm driving through town to a buddies house in my 2015 RAM when I see police lights behind me. I assume they're going to another scene as I haven't been pulled over in 30 years and I can't think of a thing I was doing wrong. I pull onto a side street to get out of the way and dang it it all if they don't pull in behind me.

My brain is going a mile a minute as I try and think of what in the world could I have done wrong to warrant being pulled over. The officer comes up to me and tells me my inspection was expired. I look at the sticker and...DAMN IT! It expired at the end of February. I never noticed.

So I hand over my license and registration, have a short convo with the cop (any tickets - no, issues with the truck - no, a reason I didn't get it inspected- I never noticed it expired,etc). He asks me to hang tight while he checks my info. Normal stop

I figure he's just going to run my info to check for warrants, etc. but it's taking too long for that. After about 10 minutes he comes and and hands me back my paperwork along with a ticket for expired inspection. No warning, no consideration for being ticket free for over 30 years, no consideration for being a resident of the town. No consideration for being a volunteer fire fighter...NOTHING!

Granted, my inspection was expired, but barely. My truck is in immaculate shape.

I was polite up until he handed me the ticket then I was less than polite.

FYI, I have the utmost respect for the police but this was bull****

Respect earns respect and I wasn't getting any so I gave no more. I didn't curse, I didn't yell, but I did make it known I was unhappy.

ok, rant over

So, how bad did you get wacked?

Respond "Not Guilty" and show up for the hearing. Most of the time, if you didn't give the cop a hard time, the local magistrate will reduce fees (or eliminate points on moving violation). I appear, explain that I am guilty but requested a hearing to ask for leniency. It worked every single time (3) - I've been trying this approach since around age 40 and I'm 56.
The Magistrate asks the cop "do you object / did he give you a hard time?" No push back from the officer. Done.

Over the years I’ve gone to court and pleaded not guilty to every ticket I’ve recieved except one and never paid a fine on those I pleaded not guilty to. Mine were all the chickenshit type, 30 in a 20 And twice due to police mass arrest for exceeding speed limit (barely) because an AF Colonel was wearing the mayor out about traffic past his house and another time when an idiot neighbor up the street did the same thing. Cop said mayor told them to pull over and ticket for anyone for the slightest infraction. Both instances of mass arrest ended when the Colonel and the idiot neighbor were both ticketed. Another time as a kid for getting on it a little and receiving a ticket for excessive muffler noise. Once I was guilty as hell (racing on a deserted highway as a kid) and that one I just paid off. It was much in the late 60s. It But the others the judge always says OK, keep your nose clean for 6 months and we’ll forget this, or they put you on 12 months probation. My last one with the idiot neighbor, nearly everyone in the nearby area recieved a ticket and when we all showed up for court the line stretched out of the courts building and wound around out in the parking lot. I think the judge was upset with the mayor that day.

I fear the day I get stopped on one of the access streets to my house.
25 mph speed limit.
Residents had speed bumps installed. ********.
We started driving around them in the dirt, raised a holy mess, on purpose.
So they had racetrack-style concrete barriers put along side. So now HAVE to go over them.
I have found that they bother my truck MUCH less at 70 mph, than they do at 15.
F#@kem.

Respond "Not Guilty" and show up for the hearing. Most of the time, if you didn't give the cop a hard time, the local magistrate will reduce fees (or eliminate points on moving violation). I appear, explain that I am guilty but requested a hearing to ask for leniency. It worked every single time (3) - I've been trying this approach since around age 40 and I'm 56.
The Magistrate asks the cop "do you object / did he give you a hard time?" No push back from the officer. Done.
Ive never once had an officer show in court the first date. After a couple times of no show. I learned pay the damn fine. Most of the time 2 days wages or several times more than the fine.

I am more surprised they actually inspect vehicles in New York!!! I have seen some of the biggest rusted out POS on the roads there more than any other State....

Ive never once had an officer show in court the first date. After a couple times of no show. I learned pay the damn fine. Most of the time 2 days wages or several times more than the fine.
Cop doesn't show up it should automatically be thrown out...

Auto Transport Service
Back